Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This fits the older years, we were going to try and order one in to try ourselves on the Stingray. And if it does work and thread on we will be sure to pass on the valuable information.

·
Administrator
15,035 Posts
I bought this one from Amazon, and did fit my Z51
Please note the title of this thread has been edited to clarify and hopefully eliminate confusion: there is no problem finding one that correctly fits the Z51 and Z06. One of our supporting dealers Suburban Chevrolet / Trunk Monkey Parts has put up several posts with the link to order/purchase same. However, the point of many posts on this thread is that currently there is no OEM or even aftermarket oil filler cap with Mobil 1 imprinted on it that properly fits the wet sump non-Z51 LT1 engines in our C7s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with Kathoga. At my first oil change on my 15 Z51 I asked the tech about the filler cap. He walked over 2 bays where another tech had just pulled a blown engine out of a Cadillac and swapped my dexos cap for the mobil1 cap off the caddy motor. Done.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
According to Amazon this does not fit a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Amazon's fitment info is completely useless, at least for the C7. Almost nothing fits the C7 according to the site. Even items that are known to fit.

·
Administrator
15,035 Posts
Amazon's fitment info is completely useless, at least for the C7. Almost nothing fits the C7 according to the site. Even items that are known to fit.
You are correct re Amazon's fitment issues. However the fact remains that there currently is no OEM or aftermarket Mobil 1 oil fill cap that properly fits a wet sump (ie: non-Z51) C7. At this point I think the horse is dead :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
You are correct re Amazon's fitment issues. However the fact remains that there currently is no OEM or aftermarket Mobil 1 oil fill cap that properly fits a wet sump (ie: non-Z51) C7. At this point I think the horse is dead :rolleyes:
Yes, I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise. And I think you're right about the horse.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
AMEN! My that horse RIP, until such a time a vendor figures out how they can make a few bucks by putting a sticker on us non-Z51 oil caps.

gusto!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We did get in the 12555685 in last night, and tried it on one of our corvettes here on the lot. It does not thread in or work. So we will continue to brainstorm a solution for those engines.
Also I would agree Amazon's fitment is very sketchy, and we are more than happy here to help with any fitment and part questions as well
Rick

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
We did get in the 12555685 in last night, and tried it on one of our corvettes here on the lot. It does not thread in or work. So we will continue to brainstorm a solution for those engines.
Also I would agree Amazon's fitment is very sketchy, and we are more than happy here to help with any fitment and part questions as well
Rick
Please do let those of us with the wet sump know if you find a solution. I think there will be a decent demand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If the owners manual / GM literature online state Mobil 1 only (which I believe they do) then this cap should be provided free of charge.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
I'm sorry I have no control over that decision. This cap actually fits Cadillac applications, and the only number GM sells for the corvette in the catalog is the dexos oil. I may be mistaken, but they come factory filled with Dexos, and using Mobil 1 is a preference, which most owners do prefer. I know all the corvettes we service here, we use Mobil 1, but I think technically GM states the Dexos oil is safe to use. Again, I could be mistaken, but this is how I understand it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks for the orders!! :D
No. Thank you. Ordered two. Fit perfect on my Z06. Cap is a clone of the DEXOS cap that came off, down to the threaded channel and o ring. Have heard of folks using wrong cap and getting bad seal hence leaks. Thanks for doing my homework. Sent the second cap off to a friend for his birthday. Thank you. Love having a Mobil One oil cap on my car for my next service visit.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts