Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
You CAN attach PDF's on this forum. In the Reply box, click the "Go Advanced" button. From there, scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" button:
Manage Attachments

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
I know it says that but it's won't upload my 75K .pdf file, I tried with Safari and Firefox. Perhaps it's a Mac issue...... It will upload .jpg's all day long.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Mark, PM sent.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Mark, PM sent.
The problem is file size, this forum enforces a ridiculously low file size for PDF's, 19.5K and the file is 71K. Perhaps the moderators can ping Nick or one of the other admins and have that bumped up to 100K?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for all the information,
I have another question. I have a 2015 Z15/Automatic/#L that was manufactured 1st week of March 2015. It has the dry sump, but the oil fill cap reads DEXROS and not Mobile 1.
Can anyone help here? Where can I get a Mobile 1 Oil fill cap so tech clearly know in the future?
Thanks

·
18,667 Posts
Contact Bob Wendorff, Parts Manager, at RimRock Auto, a forum supporting vendor. They are a stock Cadillac part and fit perfectly on all dry sump Corvettes. Less than $30. Works excellently on mine. Bob's at 406.628.4618.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've spent the last 45 minutes on the phone with chevrolet about Mobile 1 for all corvettes and I'm getting nowhere. Worst customer service yet. They don't know corvettes and they can't connect me with anyone who does. What a joke! I've owned a chevrolet in one form or another for the last 40 years, this may be my last.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I am sitting at Young Chevrolet in Dallas waiting on my first oil change. Lube manger says M1 not required unless customer asks for it. I asked for it. Will see what happens when I check out. I have the bulletin ready to pull up if they try to up charge me.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
I've spent the last 45 minutes on the phone with chevrolet about Mobile 1 for all corvettes and I'm getting nowhere. Worst customer service yet. They don't know corvettes and they can't connect me with anyone who does. What a joke! I've owned a chevrolet in one form or another for the last 40 years, this may be my last.
What Chevrolet are you talking to? If you have a dealer that you know and trust or that was recommended to you, take a copy of the one or more of the notes posted on our forum about Mobile one with you (use our search function if you have not seen them).

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
I am sitting at Young Chevrolet in Dallas waiting on my first oil change. Lube manger says M1 not required unless customer asks for it. I asked for it. Will see what happens when I check out. I have the bulletin ready to pull up if they try to up charge me.
He is technically correct, the bulletins specify Mobil 1 for Z51s but not for regular C7s. However most of our members who have requested it for their C7 regardless of base, Z51 etc., have been successful in receiving it.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I had my 2014 in for 2 oil changes here and they always offered the M1. Little surprised today.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
From what I gather, Chevrolet Customer Care that a Corvette owner can call is a Customer Care representative for the entire Chevrolet line, not just Corvettes. It would be great if Chevy has a separate Corvette CC number staffed by folks well informed on Corvette issues, and if that Corvette rep had the power to act as an Ombudsman in resolving these issues between owners and servicing dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I had my 2014 in for 2 oil changes here and they always offered the M1. Little surprised today.
All is well. Checked out and no charge for the Mobil 1.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
He is technically correct, the bulletins specify Mobil 1 for Z51s but not for regular C7s. However most of our members who have requested it for their C7 regardless of base, Z51 etc., have been successful in receiving it.
Sorry, that's just wrong. The latest bulletins from Chevy call for Mobil 1 for ALL Corvettes, wet or dry sump. Look at the very first post in this thread.

As a reminder, dealers are required to use Mobil 1 when performing oil changes on ALL 2014-2015 Corvettes through the Chevrolet Complete Care Program. Current reimbursement levels for Corvette are based on Mobil 1 usage. Please remind all personnel that only Mobil 1 should be used.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Sorry, that's just wrong. The latest bulletins from Chevy call for Mobil 1 for ALL Corvettes, wet or dry sump. Look at the very first post in this thread.
Well Bob, since you pointed that out so nicely :rolleyes:, that does appear to be the correct per Ken's post. thank you

41 - 57 of 57 Posts