Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the dealers putting Mobil 1 in all C-7 s yet? for the included oil changes

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are the dealers putting Mobil 1 in all C-7 s yet? for the included oil changes
My dealer told me some dealers only do it by request. They told me they would always use Mobil One in my Stingray.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rick Hendrick in Cary, NC will not put Mobil 1 in my Stringray without an up charge. They told me it was around $35 for the upgrade. The receptionist for the service department had quite an attitude with me when I said they should put Mobil 1 in it. I told her there is paperwork that came with my Stingray that talks about Mobil 1 being the best oil for my car.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Rick Hendrick in Cary, NC will not put Mobil 1 in my Stringray without an up charge. They told me it was around $35 for the upgrade. The receptionist for the service department had quite an attitude with me when I said they should put Mobil 1 in it. I told her there is paperwork that came with my Stingray that talks about Mobil 1 being the best oil for my car.
The receptionist?

Leave her alone, she's just trying to get thru the day, and has no power to do anything...ask for the service manager and discuss with him...better yet, see if you can get a decision from Chev corp customer service...

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,550 Posts
Just as someone earlier had mentioned, put a "Use Mobil 1 Only" sticker on your fill cap and pay the extra charge.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
77 Posts
The dealer In Arizona I now go to didn't charge me extra for the mobile 1 in my z51. The dealership I bought from however, wouldn't do it without charging. I called around until I found a dealership who didn't hassle me...and in turn and will now keep my business. Some dealerships are just very disappointing these days. The place I bought from said they would hook me up with some cool corvette merchandise. 4 months later and many calls to my salesman, and they are still giving me the run around. My advice: shop around for a good dealership.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The dealer In Arizona I now go to didn't charge me extra for the mobile 1 in my z51.
Did they show you the empty Mobile 1 containers? That's the mark of an honest dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm told there are far better oils than Mobil1, Red Line, Amsoil, and Royal purple are good and 100% synthetic

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did they show you the empty Mobile 1 containers? That's the mark of an honest dealership.
That's an excellent point. I guess I never considered dealerships would lie to this extent. Mobile 1 is on the receipt I got. I figured that should be enough. I will ask for visual proof next time.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

The dealer that changed my oil with Mobil 1 gave me the container with 1/2 quart in it leftover.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I sat on the fence for a long time about using Mobil1 until we had a Mobil team come to my workplace and changed my mind. The cost of conventional oil and Mobil1 is not really that much different if you buy at Walmart.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
All this "which oil mfr" is way overdone in my opin. How good does it have to be for a DD?

This reminds me of a Brooks Brothers blazer I have for church. It does the job perfectly. Along comes a guy that tries to convince me I need a Armani blazer for church to replace the BB one......why would I do that??

With mobil1 selling at Walmart and changes every 5000 or 9 months for me, I'm out of the "which oil is best" game. Any syn sold there will do just fine. When I decide to do the Daytona 500, I'll revisit my oil choice......LOL.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Castrol Edge for me! I always go to the beat of a different drummer.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Castrol Edge for me! I always go to the beat of a different drummer.
nothing wrong with any of the major syn brands...The point is, pick one and change it regularly - spend time contemplating something else about your car...LOL

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I would bet there is not a dimes worth of difference in the Syns--having said that I will ask for Mobil 1 on my first oil change coming up in a couple of weeks. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
162 Posts
All this "which oil mfr" is way overdone in my opin. How good does it have to be for a DD?

This reminds me of a Brooks Brothers blazer I have for church. It does the job perfectly. Along comes a guy that tries to convince me I need a Armani blazer for church to replace the BB one......why would I do that??

With mobil1 selling at Walmart and changes every 5000 or 9 months for me, I'm out of the "which oil is best" game. Any syn sold there will do just fine. When I decide to do the Daytona 500, I'll revisit my oil choice......LOL.
Let me know when you decide to race and/or visit at Daytona 500 -- it's near the epicenter of Florida and my location! :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
If anyone remembers reading "All Corvettes are Red". The Corvette engineers were able to remove the oil coolers by switching to Mobil 1 as the factory fill. They ran 20 degrees cooler then with dino oil.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts