Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my AW Base 1LT with Trans Roof, NAV, Red Calipers, and NPP.
Mods I have done so far:
- Changed Tires and Wheels with 19”x20” Gloss Black ForgeStar F14s and Toyo Tires P255/35R19 front and P295/30R20 (All Season Non-Runflats)
- Lowered the car on factory bolts to max allowable (Checked Alignment)
- Painted mirrors Black & Red (Gloss Black and Red matching the factory calipers)
- Painted side Stingray Fish Black & Red
- Painted and moved “Corvette” lettering to right corner
- X-PEL clear film front bumper and lights (will do mirrors and may be door sills later)
- Installed Jacking Pads
- Installed Mud Flaps
Still “To Do”:
- Vinyl strip wrap front chrome grill piece
- Cover Visor warning signs with black suede pieces
- Install a black exhaust space plate to cover the opening above it
I love the car! Thanks to all who contributes this forum. It is fun to be a member, saved and learned a lot, too. So, I thought I share mine here hopping it would give ideas to others. BTW, I have never customized any other car I owned before, this was fun!
002-20140601_095249.jpg View attachment 8271 004-20140601_100910.jpg View attachment 8273 006-20140601_101020.jpg 007-20140601_100420.jpg View attachment 8276

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
I ordered my AW Base 1LT with Trans Roof, NAV, Red Calipers, and NPP.
Mods I have done so far:
- Changed Tires and Wheels with 19”x20” Gloss Black ForgeStar F14s and Toyo Tires P255/35R19 front and P295/30R20 (All Season Non-Runflats)
- Lowered the car on factory bolts to max allowable (Checked Alignment)
- Painted mirrors Black & Red (Gloss Black and Red matching the factory calipers)
- Painted side Stingray Fish Black & Red
- X-PEL clear film front bumper and lights (will do mirrors and may be door sills later)
- Installed Jacking Pads
- Installed Mud Flaps
Still “To Do”:
- Vinyl strip wrap front chrome grill piece
- Cover Visor warning signs with black suede pieces
- Install a black exhaust space plate to cover the opening above it
I love the car! Thanks to all who contributes this forum. It is fun to be a member, saved and learned a lot, too. So, I thought I share mine here hopping it would give ideas to others. BTW, I have never customized any other car I owned before, this was fun!
View attachment 8270 View attachment 8271 View attachment 8272 View attachment 8273 View attachment 8274 View attachment 8275 View attachment 8276
Nice work! Question did the lowering mess the alignment up?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: SEXC-C7

·
Registered
371 Posts

No the alignment will not be messed up. This car is meant to be lowered for a track day and then raised up for a daily if you choose. Most leave it lowered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I checked the alignment not only because of lowering the car but also because of changing to the aftermarket wheels. I got a lifetime alignment service, too. BTW, they did slight adjustment to the alignment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What did you use to stick the corvette lettering back to the car?
Did you use a tape and an exacto blade or something to cut it between the letters?
How did you line the lettering up? Did you make a template?

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
great job using some red and black to go with your wheels and calipers and red interior. I also put my own badge on the back but didn't think of using the lower right flat space where you moved your 'Corvette' badge, wish I'd thought of it... rolling rock rear badge.jpg

Reactions: U.S. Marine
1 - 17 of 17 Posts