Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car brand new with maybe 20 miles on it and had it for Over 3 years with now 21000 miles on it. it’s had a multitude of issues. Among the repairs completed:
- new brake caliper because it was sticking
-front fender warped and slid back causing door paint to rub off the drivers side door when opening or closing.
-the rotors were completely warped and shot at 19000 miles and replaced
-transmission (auto 8 speed) started bucking and missing gears because the stock fluid in it was wrong type and absorbed water
-belt tensioner replaced after it developed a whining noise and failed

Fast forward about a year and 4-5 thousand miles later after having new belt tensioner replaced, the car developed a loud whining noise yet again. Took it in and I am being told my ac compressor bearing is shot and $2000 for replacement compressor, 40 days outside of bumper to bumper expiration. The car is garage kept, never been tracked, and only has 21000 miles on it. Anyone else having issues with compressor on their c7 at such low mileage on a 3 year old car? If I lived in the Sahara desert and ran ac non stop all year around, I might consider this a “wear” item and wouldn’t be irked. However live in the mid Atlantic where most times I take the thing out are windows down or top off kind of days. All the other issues I’ve had were covered by gm. so to this point I’ve mainly just been irritated I’ve had to have it in shop as often as I have for problems. Now that I’m looking at shelling out 2 grand 40 days out of bumper to bumper, for a part that in my opinion was built defective starting to lose my patience with this car.

·
Administrator
15,773 Posts
Welcome to our forum Cptnwgnr, sorry to read of your issues. I'd suggest you contact your regional GM Customer Service to see if there can be any 'good will' adjustment based on it being 40 days outside of the warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought this car brand new with maybe 20 miles on it and had it for Over 3 years with now 21000 miles on it. it’s had a multitude of issues. Among the repairs completed:
- new brake caliper because it was sticking
-front fender warped and slid back causing door paint to rub off the drivers side door when opening or closing.
-the rotors were completely warped and shot at 19000 miles and replaced
-transmission (auto 8 speed) started bucking and missing gears because the stock fluid in it was wrong type and absorbed water
-belt tensioner replaced after it developed a whining noise and failed

Fast forward about a year and 4-5 thousand miles later after having new belt tensioner replaced, the car developed a loud whining noise yet again. Took it in and I am being told my ac compressor bearing is shot and $2000 for replacement compressor, 40 days outside of bumper to bumper expiration. The car is garage kept, never been tracked, and only has 21000 miles on it. Anyone else having issues with compressor on their c7 at such low mileage on a 3 year old car? If I lived in the Sahara desert and ran ac non stop all year around, I might consider this a “wear” item and wouldn’t be irked. However live in the mid Atlantic where most times I take the thing out are windows down or top off kind of days. All the other issues I’ve had were covered by gm. so to this point I’ve mainly just been irritated I’ve had to have it in shop as often as I have for problems. Now that I’m looking at shelling out 2 grand 40 days out of bumper to bumper, for a part that in my opinion was built defective starting to lose my patience with this car.

Wow, that sucks. I also have a 2016 Z51 3LT, WITH 10k miles. I have had ZERO problems with anything (crossing my fingers) and am still on the oem battery. We all know the A8 has a history, and changing the fluid is a common first step fix for shuttering, but I’ve not heard of owners experiencing the same problems you have seen on their 2016’s.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Doubtful since it’s out of warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lemon law applys to cars out of warranty as well. If it has been in the shop for X amount of days, it is almost automatic a lemon law case. I think they also say if over a certain amount of different issues, also a case. I would contact a lemon law attorney. I had a case once, and they bought the car back from me. Gave me every dime a spent on it, down payment, all my monthly payments. Do a Gogle search for lemon law attorney in your area. It won't hurt.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I also have a 2016 Z51 3LT, WITH 10k miles. I have had ZERO problems with anything (crossing my fingers) and am still on the oem battery. We all know the A8 has a history, and changing the fluid is a common first step fix for shuttering, but I’ve not heard of owners experiencing the same problems you have seen on their 2016’s.
Me too mostly. My 2016 Z06 A8 has about 21,000 miles on it. Had the transmissions shudder and the triple flush done. Seemed to solve it, although at times I do find the trans to be a little clunky, like when cold and in manual mode the first 1-2 shift clunks a bit. But it has been that way from the beginning and doesn't seem to have any real problems. Also had a windshield washer pump fail early on, replaced under warranty. And I replaced my OEM battery in April (4 years old) due to weak starting and new AS 3+ZP tires as well due to cords showing on inner right rear. Two wheels slightly bent but balanceable so still have them. Sorry about the problems the OP is having but so far mine has been very enjoyable and relatively trouble free. --Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Me too mostly. My 2016 Z06 A8 has about 21,000 miles on it. Had the transmissions shudder and the triple flush done. Seemed to solve it, although at times I do find the trans to be a little clunky, like when cold and in manual mode the first 1-2 shift clunks a bit. But it has been that way from the beginning and doesn't seem to have any real problems. Also had a windshield washer pump fail early on, replaced under warranty. And I replaced my OEM battery in April (4 years old) due to weak starting and new AS 3+ZP tires as well due to cords showing on inner right rear. Two wheels slightly bent but balanceable so still have them. Sorry about the problems the OP is having but so far mine has been very enjoyable and relatively trouble free. --Bob
My 2015 was under warranty and they still would not fix the tranny. Finally traded it in, they told me not to bring it back unless it was not drivable (had to be towed). That A8 tranny is problematic, I still get copies of complaints from any vehicle that had that tranny, probably 10+ a week. Dealer was blaming GM, said they would not authorize, but the dealer was a disappointment to work with. Excuses: not warmed up, needed to reflash memory, not driven enough (50K miles), could not duplicate, they all do that, not driving correctly, owner is too fussy (it shuddered horribly). Beware people, GM is all about money, they don't care about you and will avoid warranty work if they can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts