Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
292 Posts
The area looks like Dillion Reservoir about an hour west of Denver in the high country. I cannot pick out the hotel/lodge but it does look like the area. Another high altitude testing area I've seen BMW use is the road up to Mt. Evans which goes up to 14,000 ft.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Also note, there is no spoiler, a much smaller front grille, almost completely closed vents in the front quarter panels, and, when compared to the StingRay sitting beside it, seems to be a little lower.

It seems like this might be a Corvette junior model.

GM please don't stick that six cylinder turbo that you have in a Corvette. What a way to ruin the Corvette...

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Then lets hope for a V8 twin turbo
I thought about that, but figured they would not have thrown all the areo and ventilation away for a V8 TT.

Reactions: Bringe

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
I thought about that, but figured they would not have thrown all the areo and ventilation away for a V8 TT.
Oh, by the way, I guess I am one of the purists which believe that a factory-built Corvette has no business with a TT engine. A factory-built Corvette should be either naturally aspirated, have a super charger, or evolve to be like some of the new supercars: an electric/hybrid.

UPDATE: See post #9 where the top three on the list are all hybrids: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/4642-z06-650-hp-650-tq.html

·
Registered
32 Posts
The front headlights is a lot more aggressive than the stingray. Also the height of the ride is lower than the stingray. I would like to add the red rear headlights compared to the clear headlights of the 2015 Z06. Maybe because it is still a prototype they do not intend to add a aero yet. In my opinion there is a huge possibility that this is no ordinary Z06 or a future upgrade for 2016 Z06 or another code name for a corvette.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Look close at the front tire tread. They have been hitting turns real hard with these cars. I wonder if they find that, because of the increased weight of the engine, there are clearance issues as high speed turns...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts