Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far the option choices are very interesting. Here some of the "leaders and not-leaders". (This information is based on Kerbeck's first 198 orders.)

Cyber Grey is the leading color (fair amount) followed by Torch Red. LRG is liked by many, though when it comes to making that final ordering choice, only one (1) person choose it. And also only one silver order.

Kalahairi is edging out black (by just one); together they are more than 2/3's of interiors. Here's a surprise to me, that only one person choose Brownstone.

Automatics are outweighing manual transmissions, by a 5-to-4 margin. (In the last twenty years, automatics averaged 2 in 3 orders.)

Even though late availability, convertibles were 1 in 6 orders.

Other info: Museum Delivery is 1/6.5; 3LT's are exactly half of interiors ordered, whereas 1LT's are 9%.

Chrome wheels are 40% of orders, and another surprise, in spite of the forum posts about black wheels being "current" and chrome wheels are "out of fashion", this is not supported by the fact that even though black wheels are Z-51 limited, they are only 33% of Z-51's. (Chrome wheels, in 2013 were 60% of orders.)

76% of the total orders were Z-51's; MSRC were half of all orders.

Would not surprise me that some of these percentages will change throughout the year, though if the percentages of LRG and Brownstone remain, they will be rare cars, especially a car with both of these options, and, so far both will probably be only a one year option.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm soooo glad mine is "unique" and unlike the others :) That's the way I ride! Although I struggled between ordering Cyber Grey with Kalahari and White with Brownstone... just thought I'd throw that out there.

ALL of the colors seem to be beautiful on this vehicle! I love the reds, BUT red doesn't like me. Love the blue, but I've had blue before. Silver and black well that's my hubby's new 2014 Roush Mustang Phase 3, Stage 3 with Aluminator engine. Had a jade green Toyota MR2 in High School. That leaves me to order my favorite car with my favorite color, VY! :)

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No one likes the dark blue (night race blue I think)?
Here's the C7 exterior color selection (again, first 198 Kerbeck orders):

Laguna Blue - 10
Lime Rock Green - 1
Velocity Yellow - 7
Arctic White - 16
Blade Silver - 1
Black - 31
Crystal Red - 23
Cyber Grey - 51
Torch Red - 37
Night Race Blue - 12

·
Registered
181 Posts
I originally was going to get the Night Race Blue: I thought it would be sophisticated and "appropriate" for my age (44)---ha,ha!! Plus, being an Auburn fan, my game day magnets would look good on it. But eventually, I just couldn't help thinking about the heads that would turn in a brand new Torch Red C7, so I changed my mind. I honestly like all of the colors and wouldn't turn any of them down!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I originally was going to get the Night Race Blue: I thought it would be sophisticated and "appropriate" for my age (44)---ha,ha!! Plus, being an Auburn fan, my game day magnets would look good on it. But eventually, I just couldn't help thinking about the heads that would turn in a brand new Torch Red C7, so I changed my mind. I honestly like all of the colors and wouldn't turn any of them down!
I'll be at Auburn October 26th to watch my owls (FAU) take on Auburn. Hopefully, I'll be arriving in my new Arctic White C7.

Go Owls!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'll be at Auburn October 26th to watch my owls (FAU) take on Auburn. Hopefully, I'll be arriving in my new Arctic White C7.

Go Owls!
Excellent! I hope you can too! Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to go to that game, or else I would invite you to tailgate with us. If I can go (and especially if I have my new car too), I'll let you know. :)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
It might be a good "add" to this thread if those of you that have cars coming / on order to check with your dealers and find out what colors they have ordered for other customers. I checked with a local dealer who has two convertibles unspoken for (as of last week) and I was talking to him about the LRG and Brownstone combination. Out of the blue he said," I know your waiting, but if we don't have a order placed pretty soon we might order one in that color combo because we think we can sell it pretty quick off the floor because it grabs your eye." I said great, but if he has customers taking those two convertible allotments this won't happen unless they like that color mix too. I think it will fare well on this car, but enough to hold over to next year is a big question?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Excellent! I hope you can too! Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to go to that game, or else I would invite you to tailgate with us. If I can go (and especially if I have my new car too), I'll let you know. :)
Sounds like a plan to me. Hope to so you there.

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
elegant, would you happen to have recent option/color data for Kerbeck's sales?

-Dan
Tried to get it just last week and learned it was not Kerbeck who compiled it, but someone else who is no longer keeping those stats. Kerbeck does not even have it. Would love to get that info for sales from the beginning of this model year. I know we will get it in mid-to-late summer, but like everyone else, would like it now.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thinking the Torch Red was a good move on a couple fronts…..first you seem to like it more, secondly…..getting the "magnets" to stick to your car would have been a bit of a challenge….:cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
For the first couple years it won't matter which color you get as there won't be enough of them on the road to matter.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
For the first couple years it won't matter which color you get as there won't be enough of them on the road to matter.
I guess it depends on what number you consider enough. By MY2016 there will be well over 50,000 C7's on the road worldwide. That's a lot in the sportscar world.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No one likes the dark blue (night race blue I think)?
I do. I LOVE the Night Race Blue. I have that with Brownstone interior and I love it. It is very pretty and classy looking. I'm so glad that these colors haven't been ordered a lot because I want a rare car. Although when we went through the factory tour there were a lot of NRB vettes going down the line.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am a little surprised at the Silver not selling better? I have to admit I have not seen a color or combination that I have not liked as of yet. I have been to Bowling Green 3 or 4 times and have seen several, I guess I just love this car a lot...;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts