Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a post on another board, MacMulkin in NH is discounting every base coupe in stock and on their way $2000. The discounting has begun, at least on base coupes. Happened earlier than I expected but with the constraints dealers who ordered base coupes rather than lose an allocation slot will be knee deep in inventory in no time.

Reactions: i10fwy

·
Registered
429 Posts
with the constraints dealers who ordered base coupes rather than lose an allocation slot will be knee deep in inventory in no time.
A perfect storm... a dealer who underestimated value-added options and a manufacturer who underestimated the market acceptance for the same thing. Temporary and/or isolated occurence? If corporate marketing is reasonably smart, they can react accordingly.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just saw a post on another board, MacMulkin in NH is discounting every base coupe in stock and on their way $2000. The discounting has begun, at least on base coupes. Happened earlier than I expected but with the constraints dealers who ordered base coupes rather than lose an allocation slot will be knee deep in inventory in no time.

Dead? :p

Not according to my dealer. I asked them since Tommy Jr. is discounting coupes $2000 off if I could get a discount. Reply was NO!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Discounting, once started is rarely reversed. Of course they will use the Z51 constraint fodder to continue to attempt to mark up Z51's but base coupes will be discounted nationwide IMHO by Christmas, especially in states where dealers pay an inventory tax in January. They will want them off their lots and will be making some great deals to accomplish that.

Early adopters have, for the most part already scratched that itch. From the first of the year forward what you are going to see is the normal Corvette market return and with that will come discounting along with employee and supplier pricing programs. GM wants to move product. They want to tout 30,000+ model year sales for the corvette. They will do whatever it takes to make that happen and will start incenting the buying public once they start to see order volumes drop. Once the HiPo versions are announced the Z51 frenzy will slow as well. It will become a buyers market soon enough, patience is all that's needed.

Future Stingray Owner
Current Rides:
2012 Jeep SRT8
2013 Porsche Boxster S
2012 VW CC

·
Administrator
16,280 Posts
Very interesting. Has anyone you know actually signed a deal for a significant discount off of MSRP and no additional dealer add ons required to seal the deal? That isn't the case locally. They are still asking and getting market mark ups on any C7.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not here in No Cal. A dealer somewhat near me has a loaded Red Z51 ($72k+) has a $15,998 mark up on it and will not take less that the asking price of $88K+. I go my car 40 miles north of that store for MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Very interesting. Has anyone you know actually signed a deal for a significant discount off of MSRP and no additional dealer add ons required to seal the deal? That isn't the case locally. They are still asking and getting market mark ups on any C7.
The dealer referenced in the ad has a stellar reputation and does not charge excessive fees so although I don't know anyone personally who has inked a deal this isn't a bait and switch. If they have the car you are looking for on their lot or on a truck I'm 100% confident you could get that deal.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bought mine MSRP in Chicago
Mine was last dealer allocation. My salesman was new. Got the vibe from the sales manager there was a mistake made. He was visibly upset. I asked my salesman how much for the DP. He said don't worry frank only $500
When the sales manager came by he insisted on $1000.00. He was not happy. Ordered the car anyway. Next day I came in asked for the owner of the dealership. Ordering this car is a big deal for me. How can I trust you if you tell me one thing and change the dynamic 5 minutes later. Make a long story short they changed my deposit to $500. They are in contact with me on a regular basis. Everything is cool. I think!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Not here in No Cal. A dealer somewhat near me has a loaded Red Z51 ($72k+) has a $15,998 mark up on it and will not take less that the asking price of $88K+. I go my car 40 miles north of that store for MSRP.

Well you know what they say there is a sucker born every minute.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The dealer referenced in the ad has a stellar reputation and does not charge excessive fees so although I don't know anyone personally who has inked a deal this isn't a bait and switch. If they have the car you are looking for on their lot or on a truck I'm 100% confident you could get that deal.
Not sure I would say "stellar" I've lived most of my life a few miles down the road and never bought a car from them.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure I would say "stellar" I've lived most of my life a few miles down the road and never bought a car from them.
Stellar may have been an overstatement but they are one of the largest Corvette dealers in the country so they must be doing something right. They have a lot of coverage on various sites and I don't see much if any negatives about them. That's all I meant. In this day and age, "stellar" means they aren't lying cheats :)

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Stellar may have been an overstatement but they are one of the largest Corvette dealers in the country so they must be doing something right. They have a lot of coverage on various sites and I don't see much if any negatives about them. That's all I meant. In this day and age, "stellar" means they aren't lying cheats :)

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
No problem understand. :) Just no dealer is perfect and living local and having friends work there you get inside info others don't hear about.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Kerbeck now showing $2k discounts on selected vehicles on their web site as well…..

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discounts are starting for non z51 cars....for the simple reason everyone wants the z51 pkg even if you don't track, because it's so cheap for what they give you.....shocking, huh?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just sent my 2k non-refundable deposit to Kerbeck. The $2000 discount was reason to do it now. I also received an email from MacMulkin Chevrolet in Nashua NH and not only offered the 2k discount but offered to deliver it to a local dealer for free (about a $500 cost). When the car arrives, I'll take the train (from Greensburg, PA) to Altlantic City on Friday morning, enjoy a weekend with my wife, have the dealership pick us up on Monday morning and then drive home in my non-performance arctic white, LT3, stinger stripe, chrome wheels with red calipers and dual mode exhaust back to PA. I want this car for "seeing the USA", so why do I need a performance package. Why is everyone needing the Z51 package? Will everyone head to the track in their Z51's or am I barking up the wrong tree?

·
Registered
61 Posts
It will be interesting to see how deep the discounting will go as we get further into the winter months.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think most will agree if u r not going to track no need for z51.
Although I do like the bigger tires.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I can't figure out how to start a new thread.
But I need to know what book or school or online course I can get to learn about the corvette engine.
A lot of guys on this site talk about mods. Don't know what they are talking about most of the time.
Need to learn while I'm waiting...
Help!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts