Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some threads on some east coast dealers offering base vets at or below MRSP. I live in CA, and I am looking for a well equipped Z51 with a manual transmission dealers near me are all marking them up $15k. Any advice?

:confused:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Clay Cooly in Irving txt has a premier edition for msrp. Great people to deal with.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
I saw some threads on some east coast dealers offering base vets at or below MRSP. I live in CA, and I am looking for a well equipped Z51 with a manual transmission dealers near me are all marking them up $15k. Any advice?

:confused:
Sent you a private message.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Clay Cooley
Clay Cooley Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
Hum... I just clicked on the link above, and it showed a MSRP for the limited edition at $81 k plus change, and they had an "internet price" of $5 k off. If I am not mistaken, the actual MSRP is in the $75 to $76 range (I just saw a limited edition blue one locally here in a showroom last week). If that is indeed the case, it would seem to me that the advertisement is not really honest. If that is the case, I would avoid that dealership like the plague.

Am I mistaken? I would not want to accuse anybody wrongfully, but that is really what I think I saw...

·
Registered
74 Posts
It says Internet Price: $76,755. That's more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Okay, I checked online at the local dealership here. $75,760 for the same limited edition car.

This Clay Cooley has MSRP listed at $81,755, and then pretend like they are giving you a deal with a $5,000 "internet" discount. Hogwash...

I would avoid that place like the plague, because, based on this, I would not trust them.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Bob Stall Chevrolet in La Mesa California is selling at msrp. Ask for Janine Richardson, tell her I sent you
Internet Sales Manager
Bob Stall Chevrolet
619-460-1311 desk
619-861-4702 cell

·
Registered
145 Posts
Okay, I checked online at the local dealership here. $75,760 for the same limited edition car.

This Clay Cooley has MSRP listed at $81,755, and then pretend like they are giving you a deal with a $5,000 "internet" discount. Hogwash...

I would avoid that place like the plague, because, based on this, I would not trust them.[/QUOTE

Things are not always what they seem.i believe the reason for the higher msrp listed is because there are probably two tops included, the carbon fibre and the transparent. They received two of the premier editions and both came with the transparent top, corvette sills, standard floor mats and corvette wheel center caps. Apparently Chevrolet ran short on the stingray sills, correct top, stingray floor mats and the center caps. I bought one of two they had and they have the above correct parts coming from the factory at no charge.

I have seen a number of the limited editions that came this way and I don't think many of the dealers were up to speed on this. The Premier Edition was specked out and ALL should be the same except for the 1 of 500 assigned to the car. I am not privy as to who or why the PREMIERS were shipped this way, nor how the dealers were told to deal with it, but unless it's made right, it's wrong. What will happen regarding the parts on the car once replaced will be dealt with I don't know yet. They will be considered used and either they will just say keep them or they will send them back and crush them as there is too much liability these days to do anything else.

I would suggest a phone call to this dealer if you have questions. I'd have dealt with a lot of dealerships over the years and have never had a better experience. And, I have no connection other than that with them.

I hope this is helpful

·
Registered
418 Posts
I ordered my C7 from Kerbeck in NJ-one of the biggest Corvette dealers in the US.They are selling for MSRP. You'll have to pay shipping unless you do Museum delivery, but sometimes they post an inventory car below msrp (I suspect it was a car ordered by someone who defaulted and lost their deposit) so they discount it a bit to move the unit since they already are up 5K(that's how I got my C6 from them and saved 2500 bucks-more than enough to offset shipping in 2005). Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I ordered my C7 from Kerbeck in NJ-one of the biggest Corvette dealers in the US.They are selling for MSRP. You'll have to pay shipping unless you do Museum delivery, but sometimes they post an inventory car below msrp (I suspect it was a car ordered by someone who defaulted and lost their deposit) so they discount it a bit to move the unit since they already are up 5K(that's how I got my C6 from them and saved 2500 bucks-more than enough to offset shipping in 2005). Just a suggestion.
You still have to pay for shipping even if you pick your car up @ the museum + plus the tour fee.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think DeLillo Chevrolet in Huntington Beach is selling at MSRP.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Buds chevy in Saint Marys Ohio are selling base coups for 2K off MSRP.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The first dealer I spoke to wanted $15K markup. I cussed them out and told them we will never ever do business together. Went to a smaller dealer and they were willing to work with me. I showed them a few prices I found online on cars.com and they matched it. Basically, almost 0 marked up...As of today, my pre order Stingray is scheduled for production on Jan 6!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
The first dealer I spoke to wanted $15K markup. I cussed them out and told them we will never ever do business together. Went to a smaller dealer and they were willing to work with me. I showed them a few prices I found online on cars.com and they matched it. Basically, almost 0 marked up...As of today, my pre order Stingray is scheduled for production on Jan 6!!!
Congrats on your car…..if you know it, PM me with your VIN…..my car is being built the 6th & 7th, I will be there to watch (Buyer's Tour) - if by some coincidence, we are sequenced close, I can look for yours as well….

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats on your car…..if you know it, PM me with your VIN…..my car is being built the 6th & 7th, I will be there to watch (Buyer's Tour) - if by some coincidence, we are sequenced close, I can look for yours as well….
wow, nice! congrats! i don't have my vin yet. i think i can get it from the dealer....but enjoy your tour.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts