Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the 7:45 delivery time and I was wondering if it was reasonable to plan on leaving by 2 or 3pm. We would like to get to Lexington that night but I don't want to cut things short. We are flying down a day ahead so that we will have plenty of free time for museum shopping etc. the day before our delivery.

Thanx

·
Registered
186 Posts
That was the delivery time I had and I was out of there at 2 or so. I spent as much time as I wanted at the plant and the museum. When I set up my delivery they said to allow for 6 hours. You should have no problem leaving by 3 at the latest.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
"sdcnews" the overall time window is really your call. Based on my personal experience picking up RedHot I got there at 7:30 and they started me sometime between that and 7:45. After some quick paperwork review (your paid invoice, license and insurance) your personal guide ('Docent') goes with you to the factory for the tour. Once at the factory, you and your guide proceed at your pace. If you want to stop and watch a particular process for an extended period or ask a bunch of questions, then that is exactly what you get to do. My guide was incredibly knowledgeable and very quickly learned what I was interested in and provided appropriate detail. I was never 'encouraged' to move faster or on the other hand, take more time watching something I wasn't particularly interested in. Following the factory tour I think we stopped for a quick lunch (again this is your call) and then proceeded with the Museum tour. Once again my guide (you have your guide for the day) quickly picked up on what interested me in the museum and what did not and provided great additional information as we went through the museum. Lastly you get shown to your car, which you saw when you came in on the Museum floor. As with the rest of the day, your guide will go through and show you details on your car and answer any questions you have to the detail you want. I think we wrapped up around 2:30 but I am not sure. As soon as we were done we got asked to participate in the new NCM Insurance ad that now shows on the Velocity Channel and RedHot became an instant TV star :cool:

·
18,669 Posts
"sdcnews", the above answers are spot on. I really like your plan on arriving at the Museum the day before. Given the size of the Museum itself, and that we all partake of the store, arriving mid-day or so the day before gives you plenty of time to both enjoy the Museum, sometimes see you car as it is moved out to and/or parked on Corvette Blvd, and then, on delivery day, take lots of time during the plant tour and your car's presentation.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Question, When I bought my 1999 I got to spend most of the day in the plant watching my car go step by step down the line and got to eat lunch and sign the frame and go in the water room etc. is that possable anymore. in 99' it was no charge. I just had to call a few times and make sure I was at the plant the day of the build.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
Question, When I bought my 1999 I got to spend most of the day in the plant watching my car go step by step down the line and got to eat lunch and sign the frame and go in the water room etc. is that possable anymore. in 99' it was no charge. I just had to call a few times and make sure I was at the plant the day of the build.
Yes you can watch your car (with a bit a luck and checking) being built.
However you won't be able to take delivery of your car at the end of that. There is a required 10-14 day QC hold on all NCM delivery vehicles. So you would in effect have to schedule a second trip to take NCM delivery following the build. Here is the main page to NCM National Corvette Museum where you will see on the left links to several types of tours you can do and the respective pricing. :cool:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes you can watch your car (with a bit a luck and checking) being built.
However you won't be able to take delivery of your car at the end of that. There is a required 10-14 day QC hold on all NCM delivery vehicles. So you would in effect have to schedule a second trip to take NCM delivery following the build. Here is the main page to NCM National Corvette Museum where you will see on the left links to several types of tours you can do and the respective pricing. :cool:
Yes thats what I did on the 99' .

If I remember there was a contact at the plant the you could call to find out when you whould be on the line.
Is that true for today?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts