Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 grand is a lot, and that's not considering the expense to get to BG, and I want to go that route when it's my time, AND I know you get very special attention paid to the details of the car, etc., but do you think GM will ever offer an incentive and do away with, or at least reduce the $1k Museum Delivery option charge?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Highly doubt it as its all about making money. :cool:

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Having done it I think that the charge is reasonable for the phenomenal experience and highly personalized care you receive. If you want it "on the house" you can take delivery of your new C7 at your dealer. This is absolutely not the same thing. :cool:

·
18,670 Posts
1 grand is a lot, and that's not considering the expense to get to BG, and I want to go that route when it's my time, AND I know you get very special attention paid to the details of the car, etc., but do you think GM will ever offer an incentive and do away with, or at least reduce the $1k Museum Delivery option charge?
Yes, $1K is a lot of money and so worth it. The expenses to the Museum to run this program are considerable, and if the Museum makes a little to help offset the daily operational costs of being one of the best five car museums in this country, a heritage experience for the sixty years of our Corvettes, when you also include the advantage of what was posted above, the preceding components, and the specialized BGAP tour only Museum Delivery folks get, etc., we will do another Museum Delivery for our 2015. As written in a related Museum Delivery thread on this forum, "Museum Delivery : Priceless!"

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having done it I think that the charge is reasonable for the phenomenal experience and highly personalized care you receive. If you want it "on the house" you can take delivery of your new C7 at your dealer. This is absolutely not the same thing. :cool:
I never said I want it on the house, although that would be cool. I asked if that charge might be reduced or done away with as an incentive.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
I never said I want it on the house, although that would be cool. I asked if that charge might be reduced or done away with as an incentive.
??I am sorry [email protected] I took your post header Museum Delivery. Will it ever be "on the house"?
as clearly part of your question.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
No, it's not likely they will do anything but possibly increase the price as time goes on to cover costs. They keep talking about how much they want to target the Porsche 911, well Porsche factory delivery is $3000 plus the airfare to Stuttgart.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well, the program started out in 1997, and cost $400 for the first year or so. In October of 1998, the price went up to $490 and stayed there for 14 years. If they had raised the price a little every year, no one would have cared, and everyone would think $990 was normal. However, jumping from $490 to $990 in one year has brought out all the cries of gouging. My wife wasn't thrilled with paying the Destination charge as well as the Museum charge, but we both agree the museum charge was worth it.

I don't think the price will go up anytime soon, but also don't think it will go down. Even at the current price, the demand is there to keep the museum staff busy all year.

The Museum Delivery program is what it is. If you think it's something you would really like, as my wife and I did, go for it. If you think it's a ripoff, or you just can't see spending another $990 on top of the $55-75K you're already putting out, don't do it. But please don't denigrate or make fun of those of us who have or will enjoy the program.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not saying it's a rip-off, although it is a chunk of change. Not a single person who did it, that I know of, has had the slightest regret. The thought of the Museum Delivery to me is way cool and it is something I am seriously considering. I agree that had the increase been gradual throughout the years, perhaps so much attention wouldn't have been paid to the $990. I would never ridicule anyone who chooses this option, as I would probably end up laughing at myself.

And yes, I did include "on the house" in my opening post, no argument there, but ,,,

·
Registered
873 Posts
You may not have ridiculed anyone, but many posters along the way in various threads have.

·
18,670 Posts
It just about the start of a New Year, so let's all breathe deeply, and enjoy all the good things that have happened this year and are about to happen.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I have no desire to do a museum delivery as the vette is just a car for me, ( that I really like) and I've always thought museums were boring. However, I think it's very neat that the museum is completely independent and thriving. The facility and it's intended use for enthusiasts is beyond expectations. I wish them a great 2014 and lots of deliveries. And compared to other fac deliveries, $1000 is a fair price.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've gifted the Museum delivery to really good clients before. It's a price split between the salesman and the dealership. So, it takes both being willing to go above and beyond for their clients.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have to throw my 2 cents in here. My husband, Fdxpilot, commented that we thought the delivery at the museum was worth the price. Although I enjoyed the factory tour and museum tour (we've done these previously on our own and I always enjoy it), I have to say that I was very disappointed in the gentleman who delivered our car to us. If we had had someone who knew the car and how it all worked I would have been very pleased. Sadly, although a really nice man, he didn't know as much about the car as I did. The little bit of info he gave me was wrong and when I asked questions he didn't know what I was talking about. I was very disappointed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts