Thought folks might enjoy my story. Last October I was in the process of ordering a C7 when my barber said he would have his uncle who owns a small Chevy dealership in a neighboring town call me to see if he could help. After a couple weeks of not hearing from the uncle and learning in this forum about scarce to no allocations for small dealers I decided to place my order with a large dealer in another state at MSRP. I placed the order on a Saturday with a $2000 credit card deposit and the explanation from the dealer that they had just used their last current allocation but expected additional allocations within the next two weeks and I would get first of the next allocations. Well on Monday my barber's uncle finally called me and we had a very pleasant conversation in which he explained the allocation process and how the "real world" works in terms of Chevy favoring large dealers with unsold cars over small dealers' sold orders. Also said he had not yet been to the Las Vegas orientation but would be going later in the month and expected to be able to place orders after the orientation. I could have his second order since he already promised his first to the owner of a large business that buys trucks for him. Now for the surprise - he said he would sell me the C7 at his cost plus a small admin fee. I asked if I had heard him correctly and he said yes. So now I am sitting with a $2000 deposit on a MSRP order at an out of state dealer and my barber's uncle offering the sell me a car at invoice. I spent a few minutes thinking about it and contacted the out of state dealer to cancel my order and refund my deposit. Later than Monday, after placing the order by phone the previous Saturday, the dealer said he could not cancel my order because it was already "in production". I said "b-s" and fortunately received a refund of my deposit with only a very unprofessional hostile email from the dealer. Then placed my order with "uncle" on October 29. Upon his return from the Vegas orientation he said he had been given 3 allocations and expected that my car should arrive in the Feb-March timeframe. As you might expect I have been waiting anxiously for my order to progress getting frustrated to see Kerbeck's huge unsold inventory ahead of my sold order. Three weeks ago "uncle" delivered his first car and today let me know that my order has been "picked up" and delivery is expected the 2nd week of May. So I am very happy to have waited a few extra weeks to buy my Cyber Grey, 1Lt, Automatic at a sub-$50k price. I love and have bought a lot of cars in my 66 years. I think the base C7 is a compelling value for me in that performance is not my primary interest. I just love the look of the car. It will look very nice next to my 85kw Tesla S. Maybe my wife and I can try to replicate the drag race that was recently reported between a C7 and a Tesla P85.