Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha All,

After a slight delay (big Mahalo to both PFYC & the folks at ACS!) I've finally got the Aero kit installed! Really love the look of this setup.

A few things probably worth mentioning for those interested in going this route:

1) Quality is top-notch, as mentioned in several threads.
2) Installation is relatively straight forward. Riveting the rocker extensions does take some effort but seems to work quite well. A second pair of hands would've made that part A LOT easier. Clamps help but a dedicated "second wipe" is the way to go.
3) Rivet sequence, the instructions suggest an alternating sequence but I went with the upper row first followed by the lower row. I was able to get a cleaner fit going that route.
4) I went with rivets (obviously), but after getting everything installed I'm convinced a high quality tape like VHB would do the trick in a much cleaner fashion (IMHO).
5) I was never a big fan of how the wheel deflectors interface with the splitter so... Miter box, fine miter saw, and 10 minutes later a good bit cleaner look:

20141021_122510.jpg 20141021_125721.jpg 20141021_125807.jpg

The cuts were re-gelcoated the exposed material and repainted to seal everything up. I'm planning on adjusting the splitter for an even better fit once I have the car up on the lift for an oil change, I'll also replace the scrivets with the nuts & bolts now supplied with the ACS splitter install kit.

Overall I'm super happy with the parts and feel it adds a good bit to the overall appeal of the car without being overstated.

Again a big MAHALO to PFYC & The ACS team!

Boomah

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Can you take a shot of the complete front wheel area? I would like to see the deflector.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you take a shot of the complete front wheel area? I would like to see the deflector.
Like this? Making me show off my dirty wheels :eek:

20141021_145448-1.jpg

And a few more of the entire splitter as well:

2014-10-21-14-43-28.jpg 2014-10-21-14-44-37.jpg

And thanks Mr. glen e, simply following your lead!

Mahalo,

Boomah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts