Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were at Virginia International Raceway running our victory Red C6Z06 at an Event sponsored by the National Corvette Museum and General Motors. GM brought a few C7's to the event so I took the opportunity one of the days at the track to take some comparison pics for all to see. Hope you enjoy these..
Pics of our Victory Red C6 Z06 with a few C7's......

These were taken with an iPhone so they are not great, but they should be interesting.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Did you happen to check the C-7's ground clearance? I understand it is a bit lower than the C-6, but it does not seem to look that way in pictures I've seen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great pictures. Thanks. Is that the night race blue color or gray.
And if Gray, did it have the Kalahari interior? If so, how did it look...or do you think the black interior would look better?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of the pics my Z06 is next to a Cyber Grey and a Torch Red C7. The next to last picture my Z06 is next to a Night Race Blue C7.
Clearance seems to be about the same. I didn't really spend much time looking at the interiors. I had seen the interior in Detroit back in January. The interior is very nice, I just didn't spend much time looking at them last week.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks Glenm27!!!! I really enjoyed looking at these pics for comparison. :)

My understanding: If you got the Z51 package, your tires are 19"... 18" for the standard coupe. Clearance difference is an inch. If the grey and red C7s are Z51s, clearance may be the same. If standard C7, may be a bit lower but not very noticeable. Hmmm

·
Registered
64 Posts
Glennm27,

Great pictures!!! It allows to have a better idea of the dimensions for those of us that have not been able to see it in person yet :mad:

Is your Z06 lowered at all or is it on stock suspension and same tire profile?

YllsStgr,

I think that usually for optional larger wheels, they tend to go lower on the tire profile. This helps achieving accurate speed readings on your dash. So, in short, the circumference of the 18/19 wheels should be pretty close to the one of a 19/20 setup. That's just my guess though from what I have seen with other car models prior (not Corvette thought. I am Corvette virgin still :eek:)
But I find similar information in the specs sheet:

Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport12 run flat, summer-only
front: P245/40R18 (w/o Z51)
rear: P285/35R19 (w/o Z51)
front: P245/35R19 (with Z51)
rear: P285/30R20 (with Z51)

The numbers in bold are the profile (wall thickness in milimeters) of the tire. So, the additional height (in centimeters) that is added to the wheel. So, from the center of the wheel should be:

On a 19 inch wheel rear you will have:

19 inches divided by 2: 9.5 inches
3.5 cm (wall profile) = 1.38 inches
total distance from center cap to ground = 10.88 inches

On a 20 wheel rear you will have:

20 inches divided by 2: 10 inches
3.0 cm (wall profile) = 1.18 inches
total distance from center cap to ground = 11.18 inches

So, it will sit 0.3 inches higher in comparison to the 19 inch wheel. If you get the specs of the Z06, you could calculate and compare it against the C7. I may be wrong, but that's what I came up with. Clearance on these cars are definitely a concern. My rules are:

1) Park on reverse

2) Hit the speed bumps diagonally

This should help some...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Glennm27,

You saw both cyber gray and torch red side by side. What are your thoughts? How has the paint hold up over the years on your Z06? I am still undecided between cyber gray and torch red. I have never owned a non-metallic paint car before and I am somewhat curious about your input since you have a red Z06. I wished it was as easy as going to Walmart and getting an exchange if I mess up haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The C6 z06 have race tuned lowered suspension over the base C6 that's why. the C7 is low but he proportions of the rear fender of the car makes it look tall because the fenders are bigger than the C6 vettes. so it creates a overall taller stance design wise.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glennm27,

You saw both cyber gray and torch red side by side. What are your thoughts? How has the paint hold up over the years on your Z06? I am still undecided between cyber gray and torch red. I have never owned a non-metallic paint car before and I am somewhat curious about your input since you have a red Z06. I wished it was as easy as going to Walmart and getting an exchange if I mess up haha.
This is a great question to ask ME. My previous Corvette was an '02 Electron Blue metallic and that paint was just gorgeous. In 2008 when I ordered the Z06 neither Electron Blue (C5 color only) or LeMans blue were available so I got Victory Red. I love the color but I really miss the metallic paint. My C7 will be metallic without a doubt. The Cyber Grey is beautiful but I'm more of a brilliant color type, blues, reds, yellows.

To try to answer some of the others. My Z06 is slightly lowered, maybe 1" at most. It's on OEM polished aluminum Z06 wheels with 345/30x19 and 275/35x18 tyres. Phadt shocks and sway bars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for your input Glenn!

I love it how you can wash it once a week and see the shine of the metallic paint. I know this is hard to achieve with non-metallic paint it seems. At this point I am leaning towards metallic. Don't know if silver or cyber gray. All the black panels will be made on cyber gray as an option, so that would be a positive point. I seriously hate two tones when it comes to exterior. And even if for some reason they are not available as an option, they are still less noticeable than on silver. It is so difficult to choose without seeing them in person :(

Your Z06 looks mean. I like it a lot. I drove one in 08 and must say that it was quite scary. I was in the city and had trouble needing to shift out of 1st into second (1st has the longest ratio I have ever seen ever, almost crotch rocket long). Anyway, thanks for the help. I appreciate it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts