Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a remote start this morning to my garage queen so that the interior is cooled downed by the AC by the time I get into it, California is having a heat wave right now, I sat down, pushed the Start button and car died. I started it back up no problem and drove off to work. I have had my car for 4 months now with 1,800 miles on it and this incident did not make me very happy at all. I hope it never occurs again. :mad:

Any thoughts by anyone out there? Has this happened to you also?

·
Registered
63 Posts
...i dont think i get it. Your car was on already (remote start) so you hit the start button again and it turned off?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...i dont think i get it. Your car was on already (remote start) so you hit the start button again and it turned off?
When you do a remote start you must put your foot on the brake and press the start button to activate the rest of the car in order to drive it away. It is a security feature to prevent someone else getting into your car before you to get away....

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know on my other vehicles if you don't depress brake when hitting start after remote start or you hit any other item the car turns off. So perhaps it is as intended.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good thing you didn't grow up in the 60's like many of us before cars even had air conditioning. I would never use remote start to cool off a car. My C7 get comfortable in 60 seconds and I live next to Fresno where it is hot all summer.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Good thing you didn't grow up in the 60's like many of us before cars even had air conditioning. I would never use remote start to cool off a car. My C7 get comfortable in 60 seconds and I live next to Fresno where it is hot all summer.
I had a swamp cooler on my Nash. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
I had a swamp cooler on my Nash. cutnout aka Charlie
Charlie you might explain to some of our younger members about your 'swamp cooler' evaporative can on your Nash since there is no modern equivalent on cars today.:)

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Yelp, tell us. I have no idea what a Nash is.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
So, Steve, did it come back to life after it died subsequent to the remote start? Like, it died. You were sitting in there. You then drove it to work and all is fine. Yes?

And I DO use remote start sometimes on my Cruze with the AC. It is broiling in there and doesn't cool off fast enough since I only drive around town afterwards.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, Steve, did it come back to life after it died subsequent to the remote start? Like, it died. You were sitting in there. You then drove it to work and all is fine. Yes?

And I DO use remote start sometimes on my Cruze with the AC. It is broiling in there and doesn't cool off fast enough since I only drive around town afterwards.
I do remote starts often so for those that asked do I put my foot on the brake before pushing my Start button as the DIC screen says yes I do, Suzzy, yes it started right up and I drove my 2.5 miles to work. I did a remote start at lunch time without an issue, drove to COSTCO for fill up gas @4.06 per gallon and sample food samples plus some shopping and all is fine. Listen, things happen, on my 2nd week of owning my car while driving my infotainment screen went black, I smacked the side of my dash 2 times and it came on and never happened again.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Funny just read this on the Caddy forum:

"So, this morning I used the remote start to start the car since it was a little cold this morning...did a few things around the house and got in my car and before I even got to turn the key ignition the car just turned off. It was as if the remote start had timeout or something. So, I just turned it on as usual and it turned on. Any ideas as what the problem is? Should I take it to the dealer to look at it??"

·
Registered
204 Posts
It may have timed out just as you got in and hit the button. It is possible. Had mine time out while just sitting in the seat to hit the button.

CPL Mo USMC Vet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts