Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I love detailing it is probably my favorite new hobby. Both Glen and I can admit that if anyone puts in some time to educate themselves and learn the proper procedures they can get awesome results doing all the detailing on their own.

I preach the two bucket wash, clay, multi-step polish, sealant and wax. I also realize your shine comes from good prep work and the correct procedure not just one "magic" product. I have used a couple of sealants with great results so I decided to try CQuartz UK and of course I told my friend I would love to detail his car (aka use his car as a test subject before putting it on Liotta).

So I washed the car using dawn and a two bucket wash, then clayed followed by a two step polish. Car was looking great and I got the paint correction I was looking for during the polishing stage. So now it was time to use a product I have never used on my friends vehicle the whole time ensuring him that I "got this." Prior to application I cleaned all surfaces with IPA to rid my car of any leftover polish. Application was rather easy and went on smoothly. After it had dried a little I used the suede MF towel to remove the leftover residue, this part involved a little extra elbow grease but its not a good detail without breaking a little sweat. I followed up using reload 30-60 mins after application of CQUK this product also likes to stick to the vehicle but with a little extra pressure can be removed and your amazing finish will be revealed.

I think my results were amazing and my friend and I were both happy it came out so great (because if it didn't I probably would have lost a friend). I also will admit to you that in my polishing I removed probably about 95% of all minor swirls and if it were my own car I probably would have got it closer to 99% but since I was doing this all for free I did not put as much love as Liotta would have received. His car still got the royal treatment and looks a 100 times better than it did when he first drove into my driveway.

I would recommend this product just educate yourself before using it and you will get great results. Not to mention you will get the satisfaction of 1. Doing it yourself and 2. Not spending ridiculous amounts of money to get it done by someone else.

Here is the one photo my friend took using his iPhone.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
So I love detailing it is probably my favorite new hobby. Both Glen and I can admit that if anyone puts in some time to educate themselves and learn the proper procedures they can get awesome results doing all the detailing on their own.

I preach the two bucket wash, clay, multi-step polish, sealant and wax. I also realize your shine comes from good prep work and the correct procedure not just one "magic" product. I have used a couple of sealants with great results so I decided to try CQuartz UK and of course I told my friend I would love to detail his car (aka use his car as a test subject before putting it on Liotta).

So I washed the car using dawn and a two bucket wash, then clayed followed by a two step polish. Car was looking great and I got the paint correction I was looking for during the polishing stage. So now it was time to use a product I have never used on my friends vehicle the whole time ensuring him that I "got this." Prior to application I cleaned all surfaces with IPA to rid my car of any leftover polish. Application was rather easy and went on smoothly. After it had dried a little I used the suede MF towel to remove the leftover residue, this part involved a little extra elbow grease but its not a good detail without breaking a little sweat. I followed up using reload 30-60 mins after application of CQUK this product also likes to stick to the vehicle but with a little extra pressure can be removed and your amazing finish will be revealed.

I think my results were amazing and my friend and I were both happy it came out so great (because if it didn't I probably would have lost a friend). I also will admit to you that in my polishing I removed probably about 95% of all minor swirls and if it were my own car I probably would have got it closer to 99% but since I was doing this all for free I did not put as much love as Liotta would have received. His car still got the royal treatment and looks a 100 times better than it did when he first drove into my driveway.

I would recommend this product just educate yourself before using it and you will get great results. Not to mention you will get the satisfaction of 1. Doing it yourself and 2. Not spending ridiculous amounts of money to get it done by someone else.

Here is the one photo my friend took using his iPhone.
Nice! Inspiring.
So is CQyartz an alternative to waxing as a final step?

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CQUK is a sealant that adds protection and really helps give your car get a wet/glassy look. There really would not be any need to wax since the sealant is more than enough protection. If you wanted to add a wax after the product has fully cured or after future washes I would see no problem in that since it would only add more protection to your car.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Nice write up, I really like all the coatings, they give off so much depth and gloss. It's a step up from reg detailing and I really suggest you learn how to correct surfaces with polish and tools before trying this....it can be a bit finicky ....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finicky is really one of the best words to describe it

·
Registered
220 Posts
CQUK is a sealant that adds protection and really helps give your car get a wet/glassy look. There really would not be any need to wax since the sealant is more than enough protection. If you wanted to add a wax after the product has fully cured or after future washes I would see no problem in that since it would only add more protection to your car.
I've been reading about Cquartz, and it says that Cquartz is the go to coating. Cquartz Finest is available only to professional detailers, and Cquartz UK is for cold weather areas. What's the truth?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Both are the truth...finest is thicker and requires some skill to put on, and detailers can only get it. UK is the thinner consumer version, and available to all. However it is a great product if you choose to do it yourself ...my car's UK'd and I am extremely happy with it.

also the follow up with Car Pro Reload works well ,made to compliant UK or finest...a great review here - and looks good even by itself!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/41502-review-carpro-reload.html

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both are the truth...finest is thicker and requires some skill to put on, and detailers can only get it. UK is the thinner consumer version, and available to all. However it is a great product if you choose to do it yourself ...my car's UK'd and I am extremely happy with it.

also the follow up with Car Pro Reload works well ,made to compliant UK or finest...a great review here - and looks good even by itself!

Review: CarPro Reload - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Exactly my friends car is still looking great and repels/sheets water amazingly. After I get my car supercharged I am going to do a full two step on the car and put on the CQUK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts