Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m gonna start this thread to doc my vacation trip to make a grand tour to see some of my family this week. As I personally get bored reading travelogs, I’ll keep the subsequent posts to the car's performance and some data for others to use. Here’s the plan:

Trip Legs:

Oct 8th: 715 miles- Ft Laud to Lake Norman, NC
Oct 9th: 414 miles - NC to Cols, Ohio
Oct 19th: 478 miles -Ohio to Phila, Pa
Oct 27th: 153 miles -Phila to Annapolis, Md
Oct 28th 1050 miles - Annapolis to Ft Laud

The car is prepped in the following manner:
Novistrech Bar and mirrors
CarPro Flyby30 - windshield coating
Plastidip behind rear wheels, and front end where bra does not cover
Plastidip on wheels and run flat tires
Chevron Techron fuel additive in 1st tank
Iphone 6+ and Vent attach Kenu Airframe+ for Navigation

More as I complete these mileage legs above.

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
Looking forward to your reports. Have a safe trip!

·
Registered
896 Posts
You missed a lot of caffein for the 28th, it could help to stay OK to drive for a so long trip ;)

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
glen e, It reads like your going to get a lot of wheel time and the weather is outstanding here in NC all week. I was in Ohio a few weeks ago had a great time and the C7 handles great around those Northern potholes, like an obstacle course. Be safe and have a great run!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey if you want a break on the 28th as you are going down 95, stop by Emporia, VA and let me see that beautiful machine of yours up close.

Just some friendly advice, watch your speed from mile marker 35 to the state line heading south on I-95, 3 different law enforcement agencies love to write tickets through there.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10 4 I will try and contact you .....

today......car was flawless from ft laud to charlotte, 717 miles, a perfect day, avg speed of 68 at 28.9 mpg.

With just one small problem: a cigarette tossed from a car burned a hole thru the novistretch, i thought it went to the right, but no such luck...pics here:

Here's the neat part : I got to the room around 530and through the "contact us "on the nova stretch site, sent a note to call me. Within 15 minutes andy was on the phone saying that they would like to help me replace it, or I could run with it as is for this trip with a small piece of tape over it, because the nova stretch will not run and the hole will not get bigger , it will stay as it is. Can't beat that for service , more as this develops, but congratulations to Andy

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Maybe do a comparison of hiway mileage with and W/O AFM on as that question has been raised.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
And I thought you were just a drive around town guy.

Forget abt the tape, if it won't run it should be fine. Hot cigarette butt hit?..tough.. Take it off..the butt would have just sailed over or to the side or below if the stretch wasn't there.

Sounds like a great trip. Schedule looks good except Oct 28 leg unless ur giving a coupla days for that. How fast are you cruising I usually do 73. I am amazed how comfortable the C7 is on highway trips. Have fun.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
529 Posts
Be safe. Looking forward to talking with you in Columbus. Bruce

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Be safe. Looking forward to talking with you in Columbus. Bruce
Im here...looking forward to it! Todays leg: 414 miles, lousy weather, weather and tour mode with AFM, 29.6 mpg. Bra held up great, the hole did not spread. Ordered a new one from from Andy....

Car is so dirty i'll need to use a hose....

·
Registered
73 Posts
On a recent trip from Orlando to Tucson I had a stretch in Texas where I got 34.5 mpg for 400 miles! And 38.5 mpg for a 50 mile stretch! I did this with the cruise control set at about 88 mph. There was a lot of weight in the car as well. I was packed full with luggage. Pretty impressive! I love my 460 HP economy car.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Glad you made it home safe and sound Glen. :)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Also give us an update on your XM radio issue. If it worked after your "reboot" and XM refresh, do you have any idea which one of the two fixed it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts