Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Buddy’s new 2021 C8 3LT Metallic Bronze Zeus arrived unexpectedly today and will take delivery on Monday.

Being the good friend as I am our relationship is total brutal honesty. So I told him those wheels has got to go and does nothing for the car and looks blah. He told me his wife and teenage son talked him into a black wheel when he wanted something lighter. I told him I’ll handle them. 😂

This friend of mine isn’t the most creative type so he hired me as his consultant (no pay tho-ugh) to make the car his own and spruce it up.

I said can I add alittle something in the ordering process for me and he said sure and that’s just the kind of guy that he is but if course I was kidding.

I then said the wife and son might not allow me back into the house once you go against their wishes lol. I suggested that he keep those wheels and call them the winter wheels and then get a summer set of wheels and create a win-win. :)

So, although I’m out of town I have started surfing the net and looking around.

Here’s his new ride and the wheels which does nothing for the the overall look.
946C66F0-EB32-4923-97EB-C3261BCDF012.jpeg 7170432A-C2A7-4F6F-9038-DC31387A63D9.jpeg 4935B048-E73C-4216-A078-1D5330D0DB33.jpeg

Here’s some nice alternative styles of wheel but not in silver and if anyone has other recommendations I’m open as well? This will be fun assignment for me as he wants me to pick out splitter, skirts and all things to make it stand out.

5BD57483-1844-4C99-A4C8-58E47EC33A2D.jpeg
55662AF5-DED8-4993-AB6B-38DAA34736F8.jpeg

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also prefer brighter wheels. I don't care for bright chrome though. Just plain old silver for me.

What's going on with the two tone on the side air vents? The C8 I have designed "in my head" would have those panels match the body color but not the body color package that includes some of the front grill and tail light areas.

I have seen the bronze in person and it is a spectacular color. That one had black wheels as well.

·
Administrator
16,435 Posts
What's going on with the two tone on the side air vents? The C8 I have designed "in my head" would have those panels match the body color but not the body color package that includes some of the front grill and tail light areas.
That is protective shipping tape on the side air vents. Comes off in prep.

Reactions: ghwinokur

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I agree with you Kyle and those aftermarket wheels are good looking alternatives. I've never been a fan of black wheels with dark colors. But as we always say, "To each their own."

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe a different style wheel, like what has been shown, but keep them black to go along with the black badging. That's my advice.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I agree with you, Kyle and Paul. The black wheels are too muted. New, lighter-colored wheels will bring that car's color scheme alive.

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
SInce you like being brutally honest... how about losing the station wagon brown paint??! I don't care how fancy the name is its terrible. Guess its too late for that now, but i can't for the life of me see what the attraction is here.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well he's bought and paid for it so can't do much with that at this point but I will say that I enjoyed my 1984 Bronze C4! The color is definitely is unique and a niche color and not for everyone but the beauty is there is a color for everyone based on individual taste and preference. I will see it in person today sometime when I get done working!

SInce you like being brutally honest... how about losing the station wagon brown paint??! I don't care how fancy the name is its terrible. Guess its too late for that now, but i can't for the life of me see what the attraction is here.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I know, i can certainly appreciate everyone has a different taste. Just can't figure out why GM would even offer it! Good luck with the project, looks good where you are going with it ;)

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, if I recalled correctly they are changing the from a darker bronze to a lighter bronze for 2022 so maybe the feedback was it was to dark and they went lighter.

The bronze is like the Carbon-65 color meaning when the right lighting hits it then it is gorgeous and when the wrong lighting not as much is my take.

I know, i can certainly appreciate everyone has a different taste. Just can't figure out why GM would even offer it! Good luck with the project, looks good where you are going with it ;)

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I like this color. It is dark enough that it helps to hide that gaping air intake behind the doors, which, to me, is the least visually-attractive part of the C8.

The picture below that Kyle posted just may be the best-looking shot of a C8 that I have ever seen. The red calipers may need to be more muted, but, other than that, yeah, that looks pretty good.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As I shop around for wheels for my buddy’s new C8 is becoming a part time job.

Zeus Metallic Bronze is so unique you have to find the right color and style of wheel to contrast and compliment the color.

Sheesh did I really sign up for this! 🙄 😂
7CD09BCC-E60F-4E4E-B257-04418045CB79.jpeg

8240FBE2-AF28-4D11-A3F3-922FEAEE9168.jpeg
3366227C-90FB-4607-A590-D2B7230754D5.jpeg

·
Registered
144 Posts
The very first wheel you showed is it. The FlowForm shown above is a dated, non-imaginative design regardless of it's color. The comment about hiding the huge openings is right on. Off topic, I know, but this car does not look like a Corvette to me, JMHO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
SInce you like being brutally honest... how about losing the station wagon brown paint??! I don't care how fancy the name is its terrible.
Guess its too late for that now, but i can't for the life of me see what the attraction is here.
My guess? The attraction is that it's not the 47th shade of red, silver, gray or white that people have been subjected to in the past few decades.
And yeah, this is coming from someone that ordered that "purple" paint on their C7. I say variety is the spice of life. More oranges, greens, browns,
whatevers in the future! If they don't sell, they will be discontinued. But in the meantime, those of us who crave something a bit different than the
more pedestrian offerings can (and will) be satisfied. To each their own! 🥃

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the fact that the C8 exists, and I love the fact that Zeus Bronze is/was available for a short while...but this photograph of the rear end shows both at their respective and collective worsts. IMO Truly hideous.

As for the wheels, the first option is quite nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We'll agree to disagree on the paint, but I'm with you 100% re: the ass end.
Perhaps the worst design in Corvette history...
I like the color...if I were building a C8 I’d give it real thought. Until seeing this particular ass-end view, at this angle, in this light...awful.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Buddy’s new 2021 C8 3LT Metallic Bronze Zeus arrived unexpectedly today and will take delivery on Monday.

Being the good friend as I am our relationship is total brutal honesty. So I told him those wheels has got to go and does nothing for the car and looks blah. He told me his wife and teenage son talked him into a black wheel when he wanted something lighter. I told him I’ll handle them. 😂

This friend of mine isn’t the most creative type so he hired me as his consultant (no pay tho-ugh) to make the car his own and spruce it up.

I said can I add alittle something in the ordering process for me and he said sure and that’s just the kind of guy that he is but if course I was kidding.

I then said the wife and son might not allow me back into the house once you go against their wishes lol. I suggested that he keep those wheels and call them the winter wheels and then get a summer set of wheels and create a win-win. :)

So, although I’m out of town I have started surfing the net and looking around.

Here’s his new ride and the wheels which does nothing for the the overall look.
View attachment 279724 View attachment 279725 View attachment 279726

Here’s some nice alternative styles of wheel but not in silver and if anyone has other recommendations I’m open as well? This will be fun assignment for me as he wants me to pick out splitter, skirts and all things to make it stand out.

View attachment 279727 View attachment 279728
View attachment 279741 View attachment 279742
Mmmmmm Zeus Bronze!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.