Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On november 8th 2013, i placed my order for a laguna blue 3 lt coup.( for a spring delivery) over the past 5 months i've gone thru hell and back waiting for the day i would get the call that my car was being accepted by gm. Well that day came yesterday and i feel as if a weight has been lifted of my back. I could bore you with the details of this ridiculous saga i went thru, however i would prefer not to dwell on that, but rather move on to a more positive mind set. My question is ? What codes should i get from my dealer so i might track the progress of my cars production? Order # etc. Thanks to all jmc

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Congratulations! Your car sounds similar to mine, and I got my production date when it went to 3300. Good luck and enjoy JMC.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gregg, mine is automatic, with grey interior and it has yellow calipers. Thats it in a nut shell. Nothing special, however i've been waiting a long time for this. Perhaps it will be all the sweeter?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know what the typical time frame is from the acceptance thru the shipping process under normal!!! Conditions, so i might have a basic time frame to work with for approx. Delivery to my dealer. I understand there are many variables but just a guideline.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Does anyone know what the typical time frame is from the acceptance thru the shipping process under normal!!! Conditions, so i might have a basic time frame to work with for approx. Delivery to my dealer. I understand there are many variables but just a guideline.
From status 2000 it is a 6 to 8 week process unless you get stung by the current rail car shortage.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mjw930 for the time frame, its been a long journey so far, a little longer won't hurt. Thanks jmc

·
Registered
219 Posts
East coast is truck delivery now? Or is it still rail...Which would be FAIL!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
surprise! surprise! my laguna blue baby was built last week( one week earlier than expected) and its just waiting for a ride to my dealer. my journey just may begin for real in a week or two perhaps less and I can't wait. I have listened to so many of you over the past six and a half months and now its finally my turn to smile. thanks for listening. JMC

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
Congrats on the good news jmc! :cool:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
surprise! surprise! my laguna blue baby was built last week( one week earlier than expected) and its just waiting for a ride to my dealer. my journey just may begin for real in a week or two perhaps less and I can't wait. I have listened to so many of you over the past six and a half months and now its finally my turn to smile. thanks for listening. JMC
Yeah for you!

Please post pics once it finally is in your happy little hands!

·
Registered
810 Posts
The wait makes it all the sweeter! Ordered mine in November, could have had it by Jan (big dealer) but did not want it just to have it sit in garage during brutal winter. That would be harder than not having it at all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some times the wait works and other times it's a problem. For me it was a little of both. The more time I had, the more time it gave me to make changes and changes and changes.(not a good thing) Finally the dealer said they were placing the order with the factory, and the changes would have to stop. And so they did. And now the finished product will be on its way. Isn't that grand!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My dealer thats delivery today and i hope to be able to take delivery today or tomorrow at the latest. I'll keep you posted jmc

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Good on you jmc! Get some pictures of the unloading and unveiling, you will be glad you did. (and we will too!)

·
Registered
144 Posts
My dealer thats delivery today and i hope to be able to take delivery today or tomorrow at the latest. I'll keep you posted jmc
I'd love to see that also...Congratulations!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts