Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
603 to be exact in a little more than 9 hours.No prostate problems yet,lol.A very fun ride,if you are shy this is not the car for you!The people were awesome from the minute I left the museum,very enjoyable .Averaged 26.7 which is a little less than my 13 got on basically the same trip.I was starting to get uncomfortable in the last few hours,not so in the 13.The car in my opinion does not feel as sure footed as the 13 did.I broke her in right and only got on it right before home.Not a fan of the infotainment center at all,should have been an option.Way too busy in my opinion.Very happy with the fit and finish,Very comparable to the 13.My biggest complaint beside the drivers door being hard to close and a rattle in the rear which developed very quickly on the way home is the road noise!That is the biggest negative for me.Allnin all very happy with the car so far.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Gary.... Glad to hear you made it home safe & sound.

But wow.... You call that "happy"?:confused:
"Averaged 26.7 which is a little less than my 13 got on basically the same trip"
"I was starting to get uncomfortable in the last few hours,not so in the 13"
"Not a fan of the infotainment center at all"
"the drivers door being hard to close"
"a rattle in the rear"
"the road noise!"

So what DID you like? Was there anything positive?
I think I'll look for a left-over 2013 and pass on the Stingray!:(
My excitement level has just dropped down a few notches!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My stingray developed a rattle in the back as we'll. Turned out to be a bad strut on the rear hatch.

·
18,670 Posts
My stingray developed a rattle in the back as we'll. Turned out to be a bad strut on the rear hatch.
Razbx, thanks for figuring out your rattle as a bad hatch strut, for rear rattles are often hard to find. This will helps others who have a rear rattle to start looking at the strut as the potential source. Thank you for sharing the info.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey,I didn't think I was that hard on the car! The negatives I posted were minor IMO.As far as the mpg,that was the first and last time it will be checked,just curious.I have been in the car business my whole working life and yes I am going to be critical of all vehicles.For the money the car is awesome,but I stand firm on the road noise and that freaking screen!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey,I didn't think I was that hard on the car! The negatives I posted were minor IMO.As far as the mpg,that was the first and last time it will be checked,just curious.I have been in the car business my whole working life and yes I am going to be critical of all vehicles.For the money the car is awesome,but I stand firm on the road noise and that freaking screen!
Did I miss something else? What do you mean by the "freaking screen"?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Luv the screen on my 14 caddi
Looks similar on the 14 vette

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Gary; I've read elsewhere, and we have had a few here comments here as well on road noise, and I have to wonder if these tires on the C-7 get noisy at cooler ambient temps.? I once owned a set of Michelin tires and every year in the fall and winter they became considerably noisier than was the case in the late spring - summer. What were the outside temps. on your ride home?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Road noise... Hmm. What kind of tires are on your 2014?

I saw a huge drop in road noise when I went from Bridgestone to Michelin PSS on my GT-R.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Road noise... Hmm. What kind of tires are on your 2014?

I saw a huge drop in road noise when I went from Bridgestone to Michelin PSS on my GT-R.
I still have the factory Michelins on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts