Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, I was fortunate enough to acquire a Z06 grille for my C7! :D I left home for family vacation last Thursday, which, of course, was the same day that my new grille arrived at my office. We returned home late this evening and, after unloading the SUV, I headed to the office to open the box that was waiting there for me! Unfortunately, I have to leave again in the morning to head to St. Louis for a wedding that I am singing at, so I won't be able to install it until I get back. Here are a couple of pics for now. I will post pics of it installed as soon as I put it on.

IMG_8371.jpg

IMG_8372.JPG

INSTALLED!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congrats! Where did you get this one? Was this the other one left at the eBay dealer?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! Where did you get this one? Was this the other one left at the eBay dealer?
Thanks! :) Yes, it was...I was just in the right place at the right time.

·
18,670 Posts
I can not wait to see it installed, for as we have seen, it is a very, very nice mod, to a StingRay. It sure looked great on the previous install we luckily saw!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can not wait to see it installed, for as we have seen, it is a very, very nice mod, to a StingRay. It sure looked great on the previous install we luckily saw!
And installed on OUR favorite color! :)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look forward to seeing some photos once you install the new grill. Also interested to know how easy/difficult the install is. :)
I will post a DIY thread with photos. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Look forward to seeing some photos once you install the new grill. Also interested to know how easy/difficult the install is. :)
Congrats jagamajajaran! Welcome to the Z06 Grille Club! :cool:
HeavyBomber.jpg
I did a write up here, it's not hard once you know where the front bumper mounting points are. I'm sure jagamajajaran write up will be more detailed as I really didn't think about it until after the fact.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ll-new-grille-remove-front-bumper-fascia.html

·
18,670 Posts
Texas2Gun, the mod looks great on your car!!! You two are very fortunate (lucky and skilled) to get that part ahead of general availability. Love that mod!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Texas2Gun, the mod looks great on your car!!! You two are very fortunate (lucky and skilled) to get that part ahead of general availability. Love that mod!
It gets a little lost at a distance with my black car but up close it looks freaking awesome. jagamajajaran car is really going to pop! ;)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
221 Posts
I need one of these. The Ron Fellows mechanics were saying they were actually cutting away part of the grill on some of the Z51s, right where the Z06 grill has the openings, to help with cooling. Would much rather pick one of these up than mangle the stock part!

·
18,670 Posts
Wonder if we get a "last minute" change, i.e., that all 2015 Z-51's will come with the Z06 grill?

It is not just cutting out a part of the StingRay grill, for it is the actual Z06 "airfoil shape" to every one of its grill "veins" -- that they, in totality, result in more air going through the Z06 grill than with it being entirely removed.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Wonder if we get a "last minute" change, i.e., that all 2015 Z-51's will come with the Z06 grill?

It is not just cutting out a part of the StingRay grill, for it is the actual Z06 "airfoil shape" to every one of its grill "veins" -- that they, in totality, result in more air going through the Z06 grill than with it being entirely removed.
I wish I could like this 10 times.

By the way, Paul and Jeremy are indeed fortunate to have snapped up those two grilles!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jeremy, that is going to look outstanding on your Vette. Now you will have one problem after the install, those dam black SUV's from GM stalking you!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thanks! :) Yes, it was...I was just in the right place at the right time.
Jeremy; I am a bit puzzled about these grills. The first post I read about the E-Bay deal said there were only 5 available and it seems like I've seen more (installed) pictures than 5. No big deal, just curious? Maybe yours came from another source? Regardless, glad you got one and I bet it will look great!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeremy; I am a bit puzzled about these grills. The first post I read about the E-Bay deal said there were only 5 available and it seems like I've seen more (installed) pictures than 5. No big deal, just curious? Maybe yours came from another source? Regardless, glad you got one and I bet it will look great!
Chip,

I'm only aware of this eBay seller only having three. I haven't seen any others available, personally.

Reactions: Texas2Gun
1 - 20 of 40 Posts