Stingray Corvette Forum banner

My new grille arrived! What replacement am I going with? Hint: ZEEEOHHH___

9K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  Steven Bell 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, I was fortunate enough to acquire a Z06 grille for my C7! :D I left home for family vacation last Thursday, which, of course, was the same day that my new grille arrived at my office. We returned home late this evening and, after unloading the SUV, I headed to the office to open the box that was waiting there for me! Unfortunately, I have to leave again in the morning to head to St. Louis for a wedding that I am singing at, so I won't be able to install it until I get back. Here are a couple of pics for now. I will post pics of it installed as soon as I put it on.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

Yellow Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive design

INSTALLED!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! Where did you get this one? Was this the other one left at the eBay dealer?

#3 ·
Thanks! :) Yes, it was...I was just in the right place at the right time.

#4 ·
I can not wait to see it installed, for as we have seen, it is a very, very nice mod, to a StingRay. It sure looked great on the previous install we luckily saw!

#5 ·
And installed on OUR favorite color! :)

#7 ·
I will post a DIY thread with photos. :)

#8 ·
#9 ·
Texas2Gun, the mod looks great on your car!!! You two are very fortunate (lucky and skilled) to get that part ahead of general availability. Love that mod!

#10 ·
It gets a little lost at a distance with my black car but up close it looks freaking awesome. jagamajajaran car is really going to pop! ;)

#12 ·
I need one of these. The Ron Fellows mechanics were saying they were actually cutting away part of the grill on some of the Z51s, right where the Z06 grill has the openings, to help with cooling. Would much rather pick one of these up than mangle the stock part!

#13 ·
Wonder if we get a "last minute" change, i.e., that all 2015 Z-51's will come with the Z06 grill?

It is not just cutting out a part of the StingRay grill, for it is the actual Z06 "airfoil shape" to every one of its grill "veins" -- that they, in totality, result in more air going through the Z06 grill than with it being entirely removed.

#14 ·
I wish I could like this 10 times.

By the way, Paul and Jeremy are indeed fortunate to have snapped up those two grilles!

#15 ·
Jeremy, that is going to look outstanding on your Vette. Now you will have one problem after the install, those dam black SUV's from GM stalking you!!

SF
Rick

#22 · (Edited)
IT'S INSTALLED NOW! Here are a few pics with very bad lighting conditions, but I will post better pics when I have some daylight. A DIY front bumper and grille removal video will be posted as well.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Yellow Automotive exterior

Yellow Vehicle Bumper Hood Car

#23 ·
It looks awesome on your car Jag, just beautiful!

#24 ·
Here's my DIY instruction video for this mod:

#25 ·
Great and informative video Jag, this will be VERY helpful to anyone needing to remove their front bumper. It looks intimidating to do until you watch your video, which makes it look very easy. Thanks!

#26 ·
#28 ·
Thanks! I'll have better pics, more details, and answers to questions later today. Very busy day at work today, so I haven't had time to do anything else yet.

#30 ·
Nice vid jagamajajaran! Now everyone can see how easy it is. ;)

#32 ·
INSTALLED!

#33 ·
Regarding the blackouts on the 2014 stock grille, the blackouts are individual pieces that are secured with tabs that are melted down after the blackouts are put in place (see photo).

The Z06 grille I have came without the two top blackout pieces. However, the tabs are there and have not been melted down. In other words, I imagine I can buy a blackout plate eventually and install it myself.

#34 ·
The Curb Alert will definitely more easily mount in this grill with no problem!

#37 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.