Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my C7 to Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland (TX) for oil change, when they delivered the car to me one side skirt was cracked into two pieces.
They didn't say anything, but I pointed out the finding and they went back to check the pictures they took when I drove the car in earlier. They professionally admitted the damage and offered me apologized (like I was expecting, they are very professional).
The manager told me they will "replace" the cracked skirt, but here is the problem. I have the full length carbon flash skirt that were purchased aftermarket, and installed by me and my friend. I know GM has those skirts that are not full length, or am I wrong?
Is there a GM part number for the full length skirts? Sorry for the stupid question...
On a side note, after the cracked skirt, on my way home yesterday, one of my rear tire "exploded" and lost all pressure within minutes, I had to drive to Discount Tire and drop 1000+ for a full set of Michelin, my tires were close to their end of life, but I was not ready to do all that in one day.
After all it was just an oil change...

Thank you guys, also for listening to my rant :)

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
Yikes AlbertVanK! That certainly was an expensive oil change. Did they catch the skirt and perhaps the wheel/pinch the tire at the same time?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes AlbertVanK! That certainly was an expensive oil change. Did they catch the skirt and perhaps the wheel/pinch the tire at the same time?
It is my opinion that they cracked the skirt by either improper lifting or somebody stepping on it....oddly it is on the passenger side.
May I ask what did you guys pay for a 4 tire change? I spent 1480 with insurance at Discount Tire for the same Michelin I had before, am I being scammed?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would have them buy the replacement skirt from where you bought them and to install or you get them to agree that you will buy another skirt and bring them the receipt for reimbursement. Or, have them replace both skirts with full length OEM and you then get a upgrade as OEM in better than most of the aftermarket ones IMO.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have them buy the replacement skirt from where you bought them and to install or you get them to agree that you will buy another skirt and bring them the receipt for reimbursement. Or, have them replace both skirts with full length OEM and you then get a upgrade as OEM in better than most of the aftermarket ones IMO.
Kgrant, would you know the OEM full length Part Number by chance? They should be the ones telling me, but just in case I would love to have a ready to go answer. Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
I do not have part numbers!

Keep in mind, Stingray narrow body did not come with Side Skirts as an option but the Z06/GS skirts fit so you would likely need the side skirt part #'s for te Z06/GS. That said, I think with the 2019's, they made side skirts and other performance parts available as I remember seeing at a Chevrolet event.

Also, the quickest way and I do this all the time by calling any chevy parts department and tell them you want a price to purchase full length side skirts for a GS or Z06 and when they quote you, ask for the part numbers before you hang up with them.

Kyle

Kgrant, would you know the OEM full length Part Number by chance? They should be the ones telling me, but just in case I would love to have a ready to go answer. Thanks

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Sean, I paid about that for four new tires from discount back in April.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I have a weird observation. Discount Tire told me that the front tires were a lot worse than the rear ones in terms of wearing, which is probably the opposite of what you would expect.
Can this be a sign of something wrong?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Also, I have a weird observation. Discount Tire told me that the front tires were a lot worse than the rear ones in terms of wearing, which is probably the opposite of what you would expect.
The front tires will wear very quickly on the inside edge due to the aggressive track alignment from the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
All normal.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I brought my C7 to Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland (TX) for oil change, when they delivered the car to me one side skirt was cracked into two pieces.
They didn't say anything, but I pointed out the finding and they went back to check the pictures they took when I drove the car in earlier. They professionally admitted the damage and offered me apologized (like I was expecting, they are very professional).
The manager told me they will "replace" the cracked skirt, but here is the problem. I have the full length carbon flash skirt that were purchased aftermarket, and installed by me and my friend. I know GM has those skirts that are not full length, or am I wrong?
Is there a GM part number for the full length skirts? Sorry for the stupid question...
On a side note, after the cracked skirt, on my way home yesterday, one of my rear tire "exploded" and lost all pressure within minutes, I had to drive to Discount Tire and drop 1000+ for a full set of Michelin, my tires were close to their end of life, but I was not ready to do all that in one day.
After all it was just an oil change...

Thank you guys, also for listening to my rant :)
Why not just give them the contact information for the aftermarket side skirt supplier and have them buy it from them and install it. If the aftermarket supplier requires a purchase of a full set, that is there problem. --Bob

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Why not just give them the contact information for the aftermarket side skirt supplier and have them buy it from them and install it. If the aftermarket supplier requires a purchase of a full set, that is there problem. --Bob
I had the same thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts