Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had an opportunity to see a new (Nashville grad.) C-7 @ my local dealer today. It was a base 2LT car w/ Kalahari interior. I must say that this color combination looks really nice together. I also found out that @ 6’2” I wanted more leg room than is available in my S2000. It’s there! The seats are a bit softer than my S2000 and I expect that the completion seats will be like what is in my current car with thinner and a bit firmer seat bottoms & back. As others have said, there is a fair amount to learn as far as the interior controls go, but I suppose that is true with all current cars of this caliber. I made a point of checking the ground clearance and pictures and specs can be found on my “Ground Clearance” thread. This particular car did have a bit of orange peel on the vertical panels, but I did not find them to be a big issue. Having said this, the car was inside and the above statement may not ring true in direct sunlight. I also think the darker colors cars will look better in the rear with the dark graphite tail section, but that’s just my opinion. All and all I was very pleased with my time spent with this particular car. I looked for some of the body fitment flaws and rear hatch issues others have reported, but I am glad to report that this car was flawless in those areas, though the seal on the rear hatch looked like it might have been reworked in Q-C while in Nashville. This car had 48 miles on it before the dealer rolled it into the showroom. I guess it was driven a fair amount while @ Bowling Green & Nashville. The new owner will pick it up tomorrow. I am quite sure he will be stoked! This particular dealer has an allotment for two convertibles which have not been spoken for. I tried talking him into ordering a LRG with a Kalahari interior and Kalahari top, so I could see what it would look like. He just smiled and said for dealership stock they tend to go with “safer” colors. I just shook my head. :p Cyber Grey side r (1280x771).jpg CG Rear (1280x845).jpg CG Int (1280x1039).jpg

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Thanks for posting Chip. After paying for RedHot at my dealer today I had a chance today to spend time in one of the Premiere Edition Laguna Blue Tintcoat paint over Brownstone with suede interiors fully optioned out C7s replete with fitted luggage. The fit and finish were excellent. But what was amazing was the power and torque of the car. It went from a rolling start onto the expressway up to 110 mph in an absolute flash, throwing me back in the seat with each shift. [ops, did I say that? ;) ';) I think I meant it must have felt like a 110, I am sure we did not exceed the posted limit...] I honestly can't remember having that feeling with any other production car. And the engine was hardly working to do that. Wow! But handling was a breeze and speaking of breeze, we had the windows down during this time and I honestly did not notice any wind buffeting or noise. When we got back we took off the exposed carbon fiber roof panel and it was truly rather light to handle. Man, I can hardly wait the 14 days until I pick up RedHot at the Museum. :cool:

Reactions: Chip and Sinner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts