Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Completed Mods:

• Stage 1 Splitter (purchased from West Coast Corvettes and installed by my local dealership's service manager and myself)
  • Stage 2 Side Skirts (purchased from West Coast Corvettes and installed by my local dealership's service manager and myself)
  • GM Wing Spoiler (installed by the factory when my car was sent back to the factory for re-skinning)
  • Under Hood Accessory Package, Body Color and Plenum Cover in Carbon Flash with Carbon Flash Script on Body Color Fuel Rails (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)
  • Heat Extractor, Smoothie Finish, Body Color (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)
  • Carbon Flash License Plate Frame (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)
  • Jacking Pucks (purchased from Southern Car Parts)
  • Coverking Cover (from GM)
  • Side and rear reflector blackouts (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)
  • Removed sun visor warning labels (DIY)
  • Lowered to lowest setting on stock lowering bolts resulting in a front end lowering of 5/8" and a rear end lowering of 1/4" (DIY).
  • Stingray Windshield Banner (purchased from Vettefx.com)
  • Window Tint - 20% on sides and rear (installed by my dealership)
  • Stingray Sill Plates (from GM)
  • Stingray Stinger Stripe (purchased from Vettefx.com)
  • Yellow Interior Stitching ("Stained by Sharpie" Fabric Marker)
  • Custom Hood Liner (purchased from Steve Ray, airbrushincorporated.com)
  • Personalized License Plate (took four months to get it, but Oklahoma inmates finally got it made!)
  • Removed Rear Fascia Corvette Script
  • Stingray Floor and Cargo Mats (from GM, Stingray stitching dyed yellow with "Stained by Sharpie" Fabric Marker)
  • Carbon Flash Vinyl Overlay on Grille Chrome Strip (purchased from Vettefx.com)
  • Carbon Flash C7 Crossed Flags Front and Rear Emblems (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)

I will add mods to this post as I complete them. Feel free to comment and tell me what you think. Of course, the only opinion that ultimately matters is mine, but I do appreciate feedback and such because new ideas are spawned by a good interchange of thoughts and ideas. :cheers:

One pic of each mod is posted in this post. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see additional pics of and I will add them in subsequent posts.

Stage 1 Splitter (purchased from West Coast Corvettes and installed by my local dealership's service manager and myself)
Stage 2 Side Skirts (purchased from West Coast Corvettes and installed by my local dealership's service manager and myself)

GM Wing Spoiler (installed by the factory when my car was sent back to the factory for re-skinning)

Under Hood Accessory Package, Body Color and Plenum Cover in Carbon Flash with Carbon Flash Script on Body Color Fuel Rails (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)

Heat Extractor, Smoothie Finish, Body Color (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)

Carbon Flash License Plate Frame (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)

Jacking Pucks (purchased from Southern Car Parts)

Coverking Cover (from GM)

Side and rear reflector blackouts (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)

Removed sun visor warning labels (my process for removal Visor Warning Label Removal - with pics...advice needed - Corvette Forum)

Lowered to lowest setting on stock lowering bolts resulting in a front end lowering of 5/8" and a rear end lowering of 1/4" (Instructions with photos here: Lowering on Stock Bolts - Instructions and Photos - Corvette Forum).

Stingray Windshield Banner (purchased from Vettefx.com)

Window Tint - 20% on sides and rear (installed by my dealership)

Stingray Sill Plates (from GM)

Stingray Stinger Stripe (purchased from Vettefx.com)

Yellow Interior Stitching ("Stained by Sharpie" Fabric Marker)

Custom Hood Liner (purchased from Steve Ray, airbrushincorporated.com)

Personalized License Plate (took four months to get it, but Oklahoma inmates finally got it made!)

Removed Rear Fascia Corvette Script

Stingray Floor and Cargo Mats (from GM, Stingray stitching dyed yellow with "Stained by Sharpie" Fabric Marker)

Carbon Flash Vinyl Overlay on Grille Chrome Strip (purchased from Vettefx.com)

Carbon Flash C7 Crossed Flags Front and Rear Emblems (purchased from West Coast Corvettes)

6769d1398643880-my-velocity-yellow-coupe-build-vin-1786-img_6785.jpg

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thanks for posting the details of where you found the item you installed. Keep the mods coming as I can only dream about most of them. I wonder if I can re-negotiate the deal with my wife on that?

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
This is just awesome. As I have told you before, I am a huge fan of your car!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is just awesome. As I have told you before, I am a huge fan of your car!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! It's been a blast to own and personalize.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jag! This thread has been a delight to follow. Your car's evolution has been a treat to watch. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks! Glad to share! I love seeing what others have done to their cars too.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
It is amazing and BEAUTIFUL.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Thanks a million, you gave me great ideas and the sources of your mods, I should be getting my yellow z51 in 4 weeks and I plan on copying some of your mods

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
Registered
105 Posts
Jealous - also just ordered our 2LT Z51 in velocity yellow. I love what you have done and look forward to customizing ours. Yellow and black on the C7 is so sexy and shows all the lines beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the compliments! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats on a real looker. Based on your VIN, GM should have no trouble exceeding 20,000 units! They may reach, or get close, to their original target of 30,000 units. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quick question, do the "Stingray" door sill plates attach over the factory "Corvette" plates? I like the look but wouldn't want to have to remove the stock plates, I might ruin them in the process.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on a real looker. Based on your VIN, GM should have no trouble exceeding 20,000 units! They may reach, or get close, to their original target of 30,000 units. :)
Thank you! But my vin is 1786...a very early VIN. Nonetheless, you are correct that they should have no trouble exceeding 20,000 unites. They are already in the 17,000 range.

Quick question, do the "Stingray" door sill plates attach over the factory "Corvette" plates? I like the look but wouldn't want to have to remove the stock plates, I might ruin them in the process.
They are replacements, not covers. Mine were the first that my dealer had switched out and said it was very easy to do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
AMAZING!! I love how unique you've made the car.

Not to take away from your car, but that is honestly one of the coolest looking car covers I have ever seen. If I didn't have a bad experience with my last car cover, I would definitely get one of those :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Love the Car

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I'm going to head out into the car and add another mod to my car... :D

·
Registered