Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Time for my write-up
I'm going to give a list of the pros cons and first impressions of my car.
The Pros:
It rides incredibly smooth, takes little bumps in the road very well- I have the z51 package and LT1
It shifts like a dream and the clutch is smooth, makes it easy for anyone even if they're not the best with manuals
The seats are comfy and look great-stock seats
I really like the extra width of the console compared to the C6. There's room for the driver arm and passenger arm without them bumping constantly.
The stitching on the dash and seats look amazing
The edging on the rearview mirror is different and looks pretty cool
I really like that it has 2 car charger ports and also 3 usb ports. This makes it great when you have many things that you want plugged in at once
The glove compartment has a decent amount of space especially compared to what some of what the newer cars have now.
The soft LED lights by the rearview mirror are nice, bright but not too bright that it's blinding

The Cons. I don't want to think that the Stingray has Cons so I think I will just say things that I think could have been made a little differently.
The handle for the passenger on the center console is a little thick and therefore makes it more uncomfortable for the passenger to hold, plus if you have the option of heated seats it gets in the way a little for the passenger
The compartment on the center console is about the same depth as the C6 but shorter in length
The radio is nice however there is not much information on how to work it or what to do with it in the manual. Had to do trial and error on figuring some of the stuff out.
The outside handle for the doors has changed a little bit. Now you can only get a couple of fingers in to open the door and there is no edging on the outside to close the door. This leaves you with two options: put fingerprints on your newly waxed paint, or fingerprints on your window.

The issues with the radio.
As we were driving the car home we were trying to figure out how to work the radio. We got the basics down on how to get radio stations, however when it came to the Bluetooth and the usb connections we had a few issues. At first when we plugged either phone (both Iphone 4) in the usb port the radio immediately went to the media and would start playing music from our playlists. Then all of the sudden it stopped and no matter how many times we tried reconnecting the phones it wouldn't work. Then we reset our phones. That didn't work at first either, however about an hour later when our phones were just charging through the usb ports, the music came back on..... Still haven't quite figured out why that happened.
Issues with the Bluetooth.
When we first connected our phones to the Bluetooth, both the iphone 4, they connected just fine. We tested it by calling someone and it worked like a dream. You could hear the other person just fine through the radio and they could hear you just fine too. However, when we started having issues with the radio (see directly above) we started having issues with our phones being connected to Bluetooth. We tried disconnecting both phones from the Bluetooth but it would never reconnect. We deleted both phones from the Bluetooth settings on the radio screen, reset our phones, turned radio off and back on again, but nothing worked. But then when I took my car over to a friends house last night he tried it too. He did something that we hadn't tried yet, instead of just making sure that the phone was deleted from the radio and Bluetooth, he deleted the Bluetooth of the car from my phone. Then he tried reconnecting it and it worked. And so far both phones have stayed connected via Bluetooth so hopefully the issue has been fixed.
Hopefully this part helps for anyone having issues like this.

Now onto the misalignment of my back bumper and front hood.
On the back bumper, the driver side has a bigger gap than what it's supposed to and what the passenger side is.
It is supposed to be 3mm, which is slightly less than an 1/8 in gapping from top to bottom.
The front hood, on the sides above the headlights it is flushed with the front bumper
However, the front V center of the hood does not sit flushed with the front bumper. It sits 1/4-3/8 inch above the front bumper.
Make sure to check your car carefully for small paint runs. I had one where my back bumper gap is. It is hardly noticeable but once you see it, it is very noticeable.
When you close the front hood, be careful with it. No matter where I closed my hood from, driver side, passenger side, or center, one of the latches wouldn't latch all the way. The GM dealership I went to today said it could just be a simple latch adjustment or front hood alignment needing adjusting.
When I contacted the dealer I bought my car from, they said that I could go back to them or to any GM dealership to get all these issues fixed. Just an FYI to someone who doesn't want to travel far if you need anything fixed on your new Stingray. After I got back home from the dealership and parked the car in the garage I heard a pssing sound. I looked underneath the car, and about the rear center of the motor I noticed the water dripping down. I could hear it hitting the exhaust. And I was told by another member of this forum that it could be water coming from the condensing unit, from running the AC. After about 2 hours of sitting the car had a puddle of water about the size of a regular Frisbee, and was still actively dripping, but not as frequently. Does anyone know if this is considered to be normal?

Overall this car is amazing and l love it. I know all of your will love your cars too when you get them. This is everything that I can think of right now but if I think of anything else I will be sure to post it on here.
I hope this review helps you and gives you a better idea what to expect when you go to get your new beautiful car.

To end on a funny note, I had an interesting trip to the dealership today. As I was entering the dealership I was driving between two rows of new cars. I was coming up to a T intersection when I saw a GM worker driving quite fast in a golf cart. However once he caught a glimpse of my car coming up, he slammed on his brakes so fast, while not taking his eyes off my car for one second. He head had turned so far backwards. It was one of the funniest things I have seen. He stopped dead in his tracks completely mesmerized by my car. Apparently he hadn't seen one yet. Come to find out no one at this dealership had seen the new Stingray in person yet. While I was in the collision center having them look over my bumpers, there were about 8-10 workers who came in just to see my car. As I was leaving the dealership another worker came driving up next to me and honked the horn. He asked if he could take a look at my car as well. This was a great dealership and everyone I talked to was very nice and wanting to help me. They said they have 7 allocations and are expecting to get their first one in a couple of weeks.

Will try to get photos up of my bumpers so you can see what exactly it is I am talking about, and have a better idea of what to look for. I am really surprised it was not caught under QA or that silly little robot. LOL

Delivery pictures in post #9.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
now that's a write up-thank you!!!!

I have a great body shop that I have been friends with for years...I expect the problems you saw, as it's a new build. Not only that, it's a UAW build....I'll take the car to Pat and have him go over it and fix a lot of the things I'll think I'll see.

I know others will howl its warranty, but I want it done right by guys I trust and do unbelievable work...hundreds of $$ are not important to me at this stage of my life...Besides dealers do lousy with body work/fit/finish reworks.., usually they just use a bigger hammer to "fit" things, they are much better at doing the mechanical than the finer points of the car....

·
Registered
579 Posts
x2 Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the write-up. We are all envious and want to share the experience, Sounds like it's pretty good, over all. Had a 1978 Silver Anniversary that we loved....but had a few issues. Had a new 1990 that had bad injectors from the factory. Chevrolet took care of it so I I'm prepared for a few 'oops' things here, as well. All the rest(4 others) never went back to the dealer. Building a new garage/shed to get my John Deere stuff out of the attached garage so I can give it a proper parking place. Hoping a delivery between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Ready to see the Real Thing!!!!

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Thanks for sharing your initial experiences Corvettedriver1492! Looking forward to reading more and seeing some pics. Enjoy for sure :)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Great write up and so much for all the massive QC they are claiming........

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Well done! Thanks for your thoughts, and please keep us posted as you work through the learning curve for the C-7 and your dealer addresses the fitment issues.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Corvettedriver1492, I had a GM Chevy Stingray Trainer train me. Were you able to get the HD Boss for your stereo working? If not, you need to get that sound bumping!!! It has an AMAZING stereo... crystal, and I mean crystal clear.. perfect sound!!! I'm really enjoying listing to the music from my cell through the Bluetooth while driving this bad boy!!! Great write up, but it sounds like your C7 is a little different than mine (2LT with Nav).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Listening to my music through Bluetooth is great. Stereo system is okay for stock. Going to have a buddy install me a better system though. I'm glad your liking your car and features. GM went out of there way on this build.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car is scheduled for GM dealer to fix body problems the week of the 14th. Hope they win.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Time for my write-up
I'm going to give a list of the pros cons and first impressions of my car.
The Pros:
It rides incredibly smooth, takes little bumps in the road very well- I have the z51 package and LT1
It shifts like a dream and the clutch is smooth, makes it easy for anyone even if they're not the best with manuals
The seats are comfy and look great-stock seats
I really like the extra width of the console compared to the C6. There's room for the driver arm and passenger arm without them bumping constantly.
The stitching on the dash and seats look amazing
The edging on the rearview mirror is different and looks pretty cool
I really like that it has 2 car charger ports and also 3 usb ports. This makes it great when you have many things that you want plugged in at once
The glove compartment has a decent amount of space especially compared to what some of what the newer cars have now.
The soft LED lights by the rearview mirror are nice, bright but not too bright that it's blinding

The Cons. I don't want to think that the Stingray has Cons so I think I will just say things that I think could have been made a little differently.
The handle for the passenger on the center console is a little thick and therefore makes it more uncomfortable for the passenger to hold, plus if you have the option of heated seats it gets in the way a little for the passenger
The compartment on the center console is about the same depth as the C6 but shorter in length
The radio is nice however there is not much information on how to work it or what to do with it in the manual. Had to do trial and error on figuring some of the stuff out.
The outside handle for the doors has changed a little bit. Now you can only get a couple of fingers in to open the door and there is no edging on the outside to close the door. This leaves you with two options: put fingerprints on your newly waxed paint, or fingerprints on your window.

The issues with the radio.
As we were driving the car home we were trying to figure out how to work the radio. We got the basics down on how to get radio stations, however when it came to the Bluetooth and the usb connections we had a few issues. At first when we plugged either phone (both Iphone 4) in the usb port the radio immediately went to the media and would start playing music from our playlists. Then all of the sudden it stopped and no matter how many times we tried reconnecting the phones it wouldn't work. Then we reset our phones. That didn't work at first either, however about an hour later when our phones were just charging through the usb ports, the music came back on..... Still haven't quite figured out why that happened.
Issues with the Bluetooth.
When we first connected our phones to the Bluetooth, both the iphone 4, they connected just fine. We tested it by calling someone and it worked like a dream. You could hear the other person just fine through the radio and they could hear you just fine too. However, when we started having issues with the radio (see directly above) we started having issues with our phones being connected to Bluetooth. We tried disconnecting both phones from the Bluetooth but it would never reconnect. We deleted both phones from the Bluetooth settings on the radio screen, reset our phones, turned radio off and back on again, but nothing worked. But then when I took my car over to a friends house last night he tried it too. He did something that we hadn't tried yet, instead of just making sure that the phone was deleted from the radio and Bluetooth, he deleted the Bluetooth of the car from my phone. Then he tried reconnecting it and it worked. And so far both phones have stayed connected via Bluetooth so hopefully the issue has been fixed.
Hopefully this part helps for anyone having issues like this.

Now onto the misalignment of my back bumper and front hood.
On the back bumper, the driver side has a bigger gap than what it's supposed to and what the passenger side is.
It is supposed to be 3mm, which is slightly less than an 1/8 in gapping from top to bottom.
The front hood, on the sides above the headlights it is flushed with the front bumper
However, the front V center of the hood does not sit flushed with the front bumper. It sits 1/4-3/8 inch above the front bumper.
Make sure to check your car carefully for small paint runs. I had one where my back bumper gap is. It is hardly noticeable but once you see it, it is very noticeable.
When you close the front hood, be careful with it. No matter where I closed my hood from, driver side, passenger side, or center, one of the latches wouldn't latch all the way. The GM dealership I went to today said it could just be a simple latch adjustment or front hood alignment needing adjusting.
When I contacted the dealer I bought my car from, they said that I could go back to them or to any GM dealership to get all these issues fixed. Just an FYI to someone who doesn't want to travel far if you need anything fixed on your new Stingray. After I got back home from the dealership and parked the car in the garage I heard a pssing sound. I looked underneath the car, and about the rear center of the motor I noticed the water dripping down. I could hear it hitting the exhaust. And I was told by another member of this forum that it could be water coming from the condensing unit, from running the AC. After about 2 hours of sitting the car had a puddle of water about the size of a regular Frisbee, and was still actively dripping, but not as frequently. Does anyone know if this is considered to be normal?

Overall this car is amazing and l love it. I know all of your will love your cars too when you get them. This is everything that I can think of right now but if I think of anything else I will be sure to post it on here.
I hope this review helps you and gives you a better idea what to expect when you go to get your new beautiful car.

To end on a funny note, I had an interesting trip to the dealership today. As I was entering the dealership I was driving between two rows of new cars. I was coming up to a T intersection when I saw a GM worker driving quite fast in a golf cart. However once he caught a glimpse of my car coming up, he slammed on his brakes so fast, while not taking his eyes off my car for one second. He head had turned so far backwards. It was one of the funniest things I have seen. He stopped dead in his tracks completely mesmerized by my car. Apparently he hadn't seen one yet. Come to find out no one at this dealership had seen the new Stingray in person yet. While I was in the collision center having them look over my bumpers, there were about 8-10 workers who came in just to see my car. As I was leaving the dealership another worker came driving up next to me and honked the horn. He asked if he could take a look at my car as well. This was a great dealership and everyone I talked to was very nice and wanting to help me. They said they have 7 allocations and are expecting to get their first one in a couple of weeks.

Will try to get photos up of my bumpers so you can see what exactly it is I am talking about, and have a better idea of what to look for. I am really surprised it was not caught under QA or that silly little robot. LOL

Delivery pictures in post #9.
I had an 09 C6 and the water dripping you are describing occurred everytime I used the AC and then parked the car. It was the condensation dripping onto the exhaust and it did it everytime. I would be willing to bet you this is happening with your new C7 also. Just "MY" 2 cents

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took car in last Monday for hood and left rear quarter. Will see how it goes. I will let you know what they had to do to fix the problems.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm very pleased with the corrective action the GM dealer I took my car to have repaired. They were able to buff out the small paint run on drivers rear quarter. The gapping of the drivers rear quarter was fixed by pushing rear into existing slots and locked into position. The front hood is now flush with the bumper by shimming. They have also had to shim up new Camaros as we'll. There was a yellow Stingray they just had to do the same thing also. So check all your lines and front hood to be flush with your front bumper.

·
18,670 Posts
So glad Corvettedriver1492 that you were/are pleased with the repairs!!!!

You also get an award for being so calm and having so much patience throughout the whole process!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The older you get the more you learn to relax and take some deep breathes. I feel complete now. I'm glad is done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts