Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well just found out my Z06 went to 3000 today. I was actually quite surprise seeing how my dealer has only 1 allocation. ;)
Not to sound "stupid" but how do you get the "build numbers"?

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
If you mean the status code, the best way is to contact your dealer and ask for it.

Reactions: lotus69c

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also went here: Chevy Order Tracking | Track Your Order | Chevrolet and entered my order number I got from the dealer.
I have that as well, and it is now "queued for production" but I don't see any build/status codes. I have noticed that the pictures have started changing on the Chevy Tracking page i.e.
the shifter is now "gone" the exterior pics now have carbon fiber splitter & rear spoiler showing....REALLY exciting!!
http://cgi.chevrolet.com/mmgprod-us....png&std=true&country=US&v=deg02&send404=true
order.jpg
Finally figured out how to upload pics - here's my order & I just went to the "chat" on Chevy's webpage for customer service gave them order # & dealer state I'm at 3000 order status & no constraints - no estimate on production start dates - getting the Z07 Package, Laguna Blue Tint coat, Competition Sport Seats, Dark Gray, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts, Roof panel - visible carbon fiber with body-color surround, Carbon Fiber Ground Effects, Carbon Flash Hood Stinger Stripe, Carbon Flash Badge Package, Black Aluminum Wheels, Dark Gray Metallic-Calipers - I am so excited I'm about to burst!

Reactions: DDW

·
Registered
873 Posts
As mentioned, your dealer can look it up anytime with a few keystroke. You can also post your 6 digit order number in the "2015 Order Tracking" thread. It's usually in the first ten threads in Active topics, if you are viewing with an Android or IPhone app, or in the Stingray purchasing sub-forum if you are using a browser. Chevy CS service reps will get back to you with your status, usually in a day or two. The tracking website is so simplistic as to be misleading, with only 5 levels versus almost 30 status codes in the GM OrderWORKBENCH system. About all the tracking site is good for is pretty pictures.

Reactions: lotus69c

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats. Dave. Looking forward to seeing the real thing. :D

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As mentioned, your dealer can look it up anytime with a few keystroke. You can also post your 6 digit order number in the "2015 Order Tracking" thread. It's usually in the first ten threads in Active topics, if you are viewing with an Android or IPhone app, or in the Stingray purchasing sub-forum if you are using a browser. Chevy CS service reps will get back to you with your status, usually in a day or two. The tracking website is so simplistic as to be misleading, with only 5 levels versus almost 30 status codes in the GM OrderWORKBENCH system. About all the tracking site is good for is pretty pictures.
This is true, the tracking web site is too broad to see any real steps. I have a really good dealer, I send him an email and a few minutes later he replies back with an answer. Just that easy.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some pictures from the Chevy website of my order.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I love it, Redc7! This is the first time I have seen a Crystal Red C7 Z06. I can't wait to see all the pictures you will have!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations
I am think you got a standard transmission?
Did you have any options that supposable had withstraints?
Correct, I would have gone with the auto but my dealer only had 1 allocation.

I'm not sure of the current constraints but this is what I ordered:

FAY Carbon Fiber trim interior
C2Z Roof Panel, visible carbon fiber
CFZ Carbon fiber Ground Effects Carbon Flash-painted
Q6B Chrome Wheels

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your a lucky man rec7!!! I found out 2 days ago my dealer is only getting 3 and I'm 4 on the list :(
Bummer, I was lucky my dealer had 1 allocation and the owner who owns like 20 dealerships wants one but let me have the allocation so he's number 2. :)

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Correct, I would have gone with the auto but my dealer only had 1 allocation.

I'm not sure of the current constraints but this is what I ordered:

FAY Carbon Fiber trim interior
C2Z Roof Panel, visible carbon fiber
CFZ Carbon fiber Ground Effects Carbon Flash-painted
Q6B Chrome Wheels
You are a lucky man. You worked your way around three big constraints: FAY (30%), C2Z (20%) and CFZ (20% assuming you did not get a Z07), with a dealer with one allocation, and you went to 3000 after the first consensus.

That is a 1.2% chance on the constraints, and given that it appeared in the first of about a total of 25 consensuses for model year 2015 (I am estimating) is 1.2% / 25 = 0.048% chance.

You just won the sweepstakes!

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Well just found out my Z06 went to 3000 today. I was actually quite surprise seeing how my dealer has only 1 allocation. ;)
Yeah, you are a very lucky man! Read the post above for the math.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
You are a lucky man. You worked your way around three big constraints: FAY (30%), C2Z (20%) and CFZ (20% assuming you did not get a Z07), with a dealer with one allocation, and you went to 3000 after the first consensus.

That is a 1.2% chance on the constraints, and given that it appeared in the first of about a total of 25 consensuses for model year 2015 (I am estimating) is 1.2% / 25 = 0.048% chance.

You just won the sweepstakes!
Wow! Trust me I'm not that lucky. If I have a 99 out of a 100 chance to win I would lose. :)

Nope I didn't get a Z07.

In a way I was hoping that I would be at 1100 or 2000 long enough that when the auto's became available I would have switched over.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts