Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you are current NCM members of this "Corvette Mecca," rated one of the top five car museums in the country.
If you are not members, and all new StingRay owners get a free one year membership with their car, here's other some things that might interest you.

* Right across the street from the Bowling Green Assembly Plant (public tours
available);
* Phenomenal exhibits, Corvette history, interactive displays;
* Great collection of Corvette clothes, jewelry and other stuff to buy;
* Quarterly magazine comes with membership;
* Great special events, including April "Bash" when GM introduces next year's
Corvettes, bringing twenty (20) top Corvette staff/engineers who provide
seminars on the new model-year car's advancements; the annual Labor Day
celebration, and every five years, the "destination" for the National Corvette
Caravan (next one is next August);
* Raffle off an average of 25 new Corvettes annually;
* Hold around the country "Museum In Motion" events, such as special drives
and events in different locations for your Corvette group to experience, for
example, next year's "Tail Of The Dragon Tour";
* Pick up your brand new Corvette via the "Museum Delivery" program;
* High Performance Driving Events (HPDE) at race tracks located in different
parts of the country;
* Archives of the history of the Corvette, including documents donated from
NCRS;
* Currently building "NCM Motorsports Park," where auto-crossing, drag
racing and road track racing will occur, where the Corvette Race Team will
do a lot of its practicing, and where you will be able to run your Corvette on
its facilities.

The NCM is a non-profit organization, dedicated to preserving the heritage, and enjoying the current Corvette experience, and preserving our Corvettes' future.

More and membership information at: National Corvette Museum

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just 8 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes away for me..... (but who's counting??):p

7:45am CST on Wednesday 11/20/2013

WEBCAM US!!;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Spot on! If you own a Corvette and are not a member of the NCM, you should be. If you own a Corvette and have not visited the NCM and the Assembly Plant you are missing out on a fantastic experience.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
220 Posts
A lot of black cars on web cam today
Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
94 Posts
Was there last year when I had no thought of owning a corvette and was a great experience! Lots of cool vette's in there.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just 8 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes away for me..... (but who's counting??):p
7:45am CST on Wednesday 11/20/2013
WEBCAM US!!;)
Mark and Dianne's car this evening on the webcam. They saw their car earlier today, met and talked with Museum Delivery staff Lori, Shane and David.

What I find personally fascinating, is that this picture was taken after the Museum was closed, and the person taking the picture is an NCM staff person. Three hundred (300) StingRay Museum Deliveries so far, and she likes this particular combination.

Here's the link, if you want to watch Mark and Dianne start their delivery tomorrow morning at 7:45 AM (CST):

NCM Delivery 5 Webcam

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
good catch! :cool:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mark and Dianne's car this evening on the webcam. They saw their car earlier today, met and talked with Museum Delivery staff Lori, Shane and David.

What I find personally fascinating, is that this picture was taken after the Museum was closed, and the person taking the picture is an NCM staff person. Three hundred (300) StingRay Museum Deliveries so far, and she likes this particular combination.

Here's the link, if you want to watch Mark and Dianne start their delivery tomorrow morning at 7:45 AM (CST):

NCM Delivery 5 Webcam
Thanks for all that John. It was great talking with you tonight. Now time to try and get some sleep for the big day tommorrow. Up at 5:30, breakfast, checkout, and museum by 7:30 CST. Already spent a hundred bucks at the museum and will be doing more shopping tomorrow.
Starting my new topic now.
Who took that pic?

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I did, via the webcam. Have the same picture without a person in the background. Tomorrow, want to take more, but sometimes, as you all know, the webcams can go on temporary vacations.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another program offered by the Museum is its specialized auto insurance on all your Corvettes and specialty cars, as long as your car(s) is NOT used a daily driver, nor on errands. If you car fits, you can, as many have, save a very significant amount on your car insurance. A quote, is, of course, free. Call Adam or Bobbi Jo if interested, at: 1.800.53.VETTE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts