Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I just stuck my Garmin in the behind screen hidden compartment. I got a very short connection USB cord and it's perfect....no fuss...!
I’ve used my Garmin a little too big for the compartment but I’ve use my Apple Play and believe that’s what I will revert to using.
Thanks all for your input.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Absolutely! Or plug in a Garmin. Waze is awesome, I love the way you interact with others re traffic, radar, etc. When I got a notice the other day that I could have the GM maps update fir “only $99” I had a good laugh.

I also recorded my own voice for the turn-by-turn directions. If you have not done that, it is a lot of fun to watch the reaction of passengers.
I also have an OnStar subscription giving me a “second opinion” as no system is infallible.
How do you add your own voice to the turn by turn?

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,100 Posts
Not sure you can personalize voice over for OEM Navigation but for for Waze see the video below. However, when I did this it just seemed weird and I didn't like my voice and I rather hear the female sexy voice providing me directions but that's just me. However, my wife has her Waze voice set to some Sexy Dude named Hello Beautiful! Ugh! 🤣🤣🤣

PS: When I did do it and was driving with my wife, I would look out of the corner of my eye when Waze would speak and my wife would look bewildered by the Waze voice she was hearing. She eventually said that the Waze voice she was hearing sounded like me and I said I didn't think so with a straight face. Then she called BS on me and I burst out laughing.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How do you add your own voice to the turn by turn?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts