Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good News: Z06 interior samples will be at next month's April 24-26th National Corvette Museum Bash.

Per GM's 1.13.14 Dealer Fact Sheet: "Unique Z06 steering wheel, badging, interior color breakup, Dark Gray interior and Blue interior."

Just confirmed with Ryan Vaughan, GM Performance Vehicle Interior Design Manager, and lead designer of both the Z06 and StingRay's interiors, that he will be bringing Z06's interior samples to the Bash. Last year at the Bash, Ryan similarly brought a piece of the Kalahairi covered interior, something that helped many decide that that was their chosen interior color (and perhaps others' conversely deciding "no Kalahairi" for them).

If, as is rumored, Z06 orders will be able to be placed as early as the end of August, seeing these samples could be the only time some Z06 purchasers will be able to see these color samples for themselves before they place their order. Not suggesting that the samples won't be "see-able" elsewhere between now and ordering time, just that, like the StingRay which only made relatively few public appearances last year before September, the total number of Z06 see-able locations will similarly be relatively limited the next six months.

Other Bash events: Z06 Presentations by Tadge Juechter, Harlan Charles, Kirk Bennion, Ryan Vaughan and other key Z06 staff, presentation of the 2015 StingRay's, PDR presentation, and, for your visual pleasure, a Z06 and at least a couple of 2015 'Rays. Note: Reason why this thread was not similarly placed in the StingRay "discussions" section is that, as of now, we have no information as to whether the color or any other aspect of the 2015 StingRays' interior will be changed (save and except for the addition of PDR and internet capabilities).

Bash info

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds promising and exciting! Can't wait to see more pics, vids, and info... heck I wish I could go!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Good News: Z06 interior samples will be at next month's April 24-26th National Corvette Museum Bash.

Per GM's 1.13.14 Dealer Fact Sheet: "Unique Z06 steering wheel, badging, interior color breakup, Dark Gray interior and Blue interior."

Just confirmed with Ryan Vaughan, GM Performance Vehicle Interior Design Manager, and lead designer of both the Z06 and StingRay's interiors, that he will be bringing Z06's interior samples to the Bash. Last year at the Bash, Ryan similarly brought a piece of the Kalahairi covered interior, something that helped many decide that that was their chosen interior color (and perhaps others' conversely deciding "no Kalahairi" for them).

If, as is rumored, Z06 orders will be able to be placed as early as the end of August, seeing these samples could be the only time some Z06 purchasers will be able to see these color samples for themselves before they place their order. Not suggesting that the samples won't be "see-able" elsewhere between now and ordering time, just that, like the StingRay which only made relatively few public appearances last year before September, the total number of Z06 see-able locations will similarly be relatively limited the next six months.

Other Bash events: Z06 Presentations by Tadge Juechter, Harlan Charles, Kirk Bennion, Ryan Vaughan and other key Z06 staff, presentation of the 2015 StingRay's, PDR presentation, and, for your visual pleasure, a Z06 and at least a couple of 2015 'Rays. Note: Reason why this thread was not similarly placed in the StingRay "discussions" section is that, as of now, we have no information as to whether the color or any other aspect of the 2015 StingRays' interior will be changed (save and except for the addition of PDR and internet capabilities).

Bash info
John,

I'm beginning to get the feeling it might be a good idea for me to look for as many opportunities to see as many 2015 Z06's before ordering as possible. In different exterior colors and interior layouts as possible, before ordering mine. Somehow allot is lost in seeing the cars in magazines and brochures and not in person. However, I'm totally not into traipsing all over the country at the same time. Is there any scheduled events that might be taking place on the west coast, such as at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, which is only an hour away from me?

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Unknown at this time except to within GM as to where the Z06 will appear on the West Coast this year. Sorry. However, think back one year at to what appearances the StingRay made at races (I think Laguna Seca ?) and what California car shows the StingRay went to during 2013, for historically, they will send the Z06 to the same places this year as they sent the StingRay to last year. You might call the race organizers at Infineon, for they will probably remember if GM send them a new StingRay last year -- of course repeating that history is not a guarantee.

·
Administrator
16,312 Posts
Unknown at this time except to within GM as to where the Z06 will appear on the West Coast this year. Sorry. However, think back one year at to what appearances the StingRay made at races (I think LaGuna Seca ?) and what California car shows the StingRay went to during 2013, for historically, they will send the Z06 to the same places this year as they sent the StingRay to last year. You might call the race organizers at Infineon, for they will probably remember if GM send them a new StingRay last year -- of course repeating that history is not a guarantee.
It was at the 60th reunion held last August at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. GM had a large exhibit with the new Stingrays, Ron Fellows and I think also Bob Bondurant had numerous C7s there. Also the C7.R made a debut with a lap around the track.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts