Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this forum, and I love it! Lots of good info here!

Our 15 Z06 order was placed early Sept, and TODAY the Corvette Museum called to ask what we would like on the personalized name plate for our new Z06 :D:D:D

I am sure QT will be a part of the anticipation, but that is ok, just glad to know we are in the system, and will hopefully get a VIN soon!

Very excited :cool:

·
18,670 Posts
Welcome to StingRay Forums!!! We are glad you found us too.

Congratulations, for as you noted, moving forward toward getting your Z06. Bet that call amped up your excitement!

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to our forum!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcome....a lot of great information, some entertainment, and many great people are to be found in this forum.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got a e-mail that my car is going to be produced on 10/10/2014 yea let me say yea
It's only been a year sence I placed my order, they cancel it as a 14 and had to
Reorder it as a 15 but it's at the 3300 level
Yea did I say yea and production ends on
10/13/2014 and I bough the VIP tour and in
GM fashion it's starting production on Friday and end on Monday so if I do the tour Iam stuck in Bowling Green for the
Weekend and that sucks so I don't know
If I have time to do the buyers tour
CRAP, but there building my car and did I say yea

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Congratulations David. That is very exciting indeed. :cool:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey John VIP Z06 asked about NCM nameplate, can you explain?

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
Hey John VIP Z06 asked about NCM nameplate, can you explain?
When you get a NCM delivery your car comes with a somewhat customizable dash plaque Custom Plaque.jpg . The call is to clarify how your would like your name to appear.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They did that to me two weeks ago then I get a e-mail telling me my car going into production. So good for you I think your car is about ready to go into production

·
Registered
122 Posts
I finally got the call yesterday about the personalized plaque for my Z06 order (at 3000). I was told that the plaque has changed, it now says Museum Delivery at the top.
I added "For DAVID AND DEBRA BROWN". According to Chris Sweeney at the Museum, the 'for' is not on the first line anymore. I had read of others getting this call and thought I was going to have to call them. LOL
It's getting closer.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
The "FOR" was removed from the first line at the start of model year 2014 production (I am still really bummed about that).

The image posted by jsvette is for the BV4 option, and is not available with a museum delivery. A museum delivery says something different on the first line, and has the museum logo on the left instead of the cross flags.

Last year people were limited to 24 characters, including spaces (I am still bummed about that, as well). Arcticblast, you have 25 in yours. Unless they have changed their policy for 2015 (or are more lenient for Z06), then the "AND" will probably be "&".

·
Registered
122 Posts
That would be fine. I think Chris said 25 characters were allowed. At first I asked for "Built for David and Debra Brown". When Chris said I was 5 characters over, I thought about dropping Debra.........yeah, right. Instead I dropped Built, and he said that would fit. The & sign will be good.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
That would be fine. I think Chris said 25 characters were allowed. At first I asked for "Built for David and Debra Brown". When Chris said I was 5 characters over, I thought about dropping Debra.........yeah, right. Instead I dropped Built, and he said that would fit. The & sign will be good.
Oh, they are allowing 25 this year? That is definitely moving in the right direction. At that rate, in four more years they will be where I need it to be... :) Haha.

I am glad it works for you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts