Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone participated in the NCM Xperience? Winter Weather did not allow me a museum delivery and I will be in the Bowling Green area so I scheduled a date. If anyone has done this, how was the detail job they performed on the car and how was the overall experience.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Come on folks, I know some of you "have been there and done that". I don't recall that anyone regretted the added expense, or didn't love the experience. Right?

·
18,669 Posts
Loved our Museum Delivery experience! Great combination of any personalized tour of the assembly plant, the museum itself and the presentation of your car. All three parts were excellent, though, for us, the most memorable was getting a tour of the Assembly Plant, especially the parts not available on the public tour! If our 2015 Z06 were not being built in the middle of winter (requiring us to drove home to Oregon then), we would enthusiastically do another Museum Delivery. Have decided, because of the winter, to instead fly in and to do the related Buyers Tour --- hopefully see our Z06 built.

Here is a great thread by fellow Moderator "jsvette" on his Museum Delivery experience.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-owners-logbook/1273-redhot-mine.html

For those who haven't seen these links and are interested in the Museum Delivery and our Buyers Tour:

National Corvette Museum - Museum Delivery

https://store.corvettemuseum.com/services/buyertour.asp

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I did it and it is a good experience. Supporting the NCM is constantly needed to keep it up. I like having the sticker on the car. cutnout aka Charlie

PS We go on the tour of Kentucky lead by a highway patrolman in a confiscated Z06 with trooper markings--now this tour is a real treat. The museum is taking reservations now. The education is eye opening. if you call the NCM ask for Karen as she sometimes lead the tour.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chip. I was beginning to wonder if it was a bad "Xperience" and no one wanted to tell me. We are very excited for it all. Thanks everyone for the input. 2200 mile drive. I wanted to make sure it was worth it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
We took delivery at NCM on 4/28/14. The experience exceeded our expectations. We were treated like VIP's. I have to say that walking into the museum and seeing our Vette for the first time on Corvette Blvd was overwhelming. Touring the assembly plant was just the best. Really impressed viewing what my Vette looked like under the skin. I had no idea what all the technology looked liked our how it was installed until then. It was more than worth it for us!

Michael

·
18,669 Posts
"gwm," just realized that I and others responded to a different question than you asked, that we have Museum Delivery on the brain because it was such a great experience, while you were asking about the separate, NCM Experience program, as described in brief below, and in more detail in the link.

Per NCM's web site, NCM Experience is:

"Corvette owners now have the opportunity to participate in the "NCM Xperience" - a new program that offers owners a unique experience with their Corvette at the National Corvette Museum. Corvette owners can schedule a special visit to the Museum, where their Corvette receives an exterior cleaning and is then displayed on the floor of the Museum delivery area, similar to the highly requested R8C Program.

Guests are given a VIP plant tour and Museum tour as part of the program, and are also given a one-year individual membership to the Museum, commemorative plaque, silver decal recognizing participation in the program, and an individual photograph in front of the Museum - weather permitting."

Know tons of folks who have done theMuseum Delivery experience, but sorry not a single person I can refer you to who has done the "NCM Experience" program. Hopefully someone has done it, and can answer your question.

National Corvette Museum - Xperience

·
Registered
378 Posts
My perception: it's just a car, a toy, another thing to take up space in my head, and garage. Why waste the extra time and money on a theatrical bunch of horse pucky?

·
Registered
810 Posts
To you it's just a car. For others of us, it is the dream of a lifetime. The NCM delivery made it that much more special. Well worth it in my opinion, this being my first Corvette. I justified it by calling it a vacation expense.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Looks like someone is doing the "Experience" today. Part of the experience is getting your car detailed then displayed on Corvette Blvd. along with the museum delivery cars.

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 11.22.48 AM.png

Reactions: elegant
1 - 10 of 10 Posts