Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has happened to many before, but never me so I'm going to share it anyway. :)

I was at lunch today with my boss and a new customer, along with some other co-workers. On the way back to the office I blow by everyone in the caravan letting them hear and appreciate the rumble of the C7, and I was able to keep my speed under 5 MPH over the speed limit. As I'm gushing about the features to my passenger, I look in my rear view mirror and see a Sheriff Cruiser come flying up behind me to get on my bumper. The thought through my head was not a good one and I fully expected my first ticket. About a mile later, the Sheriff pulls up next to me, gives me a smile and a big wave and continues on his way. Talk about some relief. We all had a good laugh about it after the fact. I guess even law enforcement loves the C7!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm sure this has happened to many before, but never me so I'm going to share it anyway. :)

I was at lunch today with my boss and a new customer, along with some other co-workers. On the way back to the office I blow by everyone in the caravan letting them hear and appreciate the rumble of the C7, and I was able to keep my speed under 5 MPH over the speed limit. As I'm gushing about the features to my passenger, I look in my rear view mirror and see a Sheriff Cruiser come flying up behind me to get on my bumper. The thought through my head was not a good one and I fully expected my first ticket. About a mile later, the Sheriff pulls up next to me, gives me a smile and a big wave and continues on his way. Talk about some relief. We all had a good laugh about it after the fact. I guess even law enforcement loves the C7!!
Be careful... you can leave "pucker" marks in the leather seats.

Reactions: vabuckeye

·
Registered
23 Posts

As a retired State Trooper, I can attest that law enforcement love the C7, as I did my 2004 Z06, and my 1965 Stingray Convertible. Be Safe.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You caught a break. If you were just 5 MPH over the posted speed the officer probably didn't feel a ticket was necessary. The C7 will attract a lot of lookers, including cops who love cars. Drive safe and many happy miles to you. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Police officers love and appreciate the C7 as much as any other car enthusiast out there. I happen to be a C7 owner and have been a Police officer for 22 years now. Many of my friends and co-workers love it and speak highly of the car. I actually had a FHP (Florida Highway Patrolman) pull up next to me at a stop light and talk to me about the car and compliment Chevrolet on the changes that have been made to the car. Police officers and Troopers are a good group of people as long as you are not caught driving irresponsibly;). I'll admit that it's hard to maintain that self control though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts