Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I need some help finding a reputable Corvette appraiser in the central NJ area for a 1969 C3 "franken-vette". It's a bit of an odd situation and an odd car. The car belonged to my late Uncle. I'm managing his estate and I need an accurate assessment so all of my blood-sucking family members who are picking through the bones, have proof that the car is worth very little in it's current state... before I sell it or decide to buy it and make it project of mine.

I found a place called VetteWork through an internet search. Seems solid but I know nothing about them and can't find any reviews beyond the ones on their on page. Has anyone ever used them? Can anyone recommend another appraiser?

What I know about the car:
- The rear third of the car along with the chassis is 1969
- The front end is 1982
- The doors are somewhere in between (1979ish)
- Not numbers matching
- Was in a front end collision in the early 80's before my Uncle "rebuilt" it
- A garage roof collapsed on it in 2011 doing a decent amount of cosmetic damage (from 50 feet you can't tell much)
- Interior is shot. Probably 70% needs to be replaced
- Motor needs a little work, but runs with relatively little noise.
- Underside is covered in oil from the motor to rear diff
- This very car started my obsession with the Corvette when I was 11 years old.... led to ordering my C7 in 2013. Lot of sentimental value, but likely very little monetary value.

Part of me wants to restore this car to near original specs... sort of giving my uncle another shot at life as he took his own back in June. The other (practical) part says: Let it go.

Alas, I need your help in recommendations so that I can make a logical decision that I'm not going to regret. Any recommendations for appraisers are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,117 Posts
Look up some regional clubs in that area on the web, use their contacts section and fire off some emails with a brief explanation and also link this thread as well. You may not get an expert but you may get someone willing to help you out, or knows a guy, who knows a guy..........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts