Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM wanted young working professionals who normally drive German to buy the Stingray, right? Well here I am!

I've visited Bunnin Chevrolet in Culver City. They have allocations but the salesmen told me they're charging 20k over sticker! I said I'm not giving a dime over. I didn't ask about it but the manager essentially said they don't care about the effect this has on their reputation because "this is the hottest car Chevy has ever had". Whatever, we'll see where that goes.

My thought is in 3 months, the people who are willing to pay any amount over sticker, will already have and it'll leave the normal people like me who only want to pay sticker.

I still have a handful of dealerships to visit in LA and OC, including Rydell, which I heard is selling at sticker.

Essentially I'm trying to get a Z51 2LT at sticker or 1k below sticker. Not sure how I'll pull the latter off but I think it's possible.

Does anyone have any information on some good dealerships in the LA and OC area who have allocations and are charging sticker and who I can maybe deal with?

Lease Info: The salesmen at Bunnin confirmed that there are no lease specials and leases are based off what the bank is offering. Alg has yet to release residuals. I mentioned a residual of 59% for 3 years and he said that's probably a high estimate.

Cheers and thanks for your help! Looking forward to joining the Vette Club!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't care if u live on the moon do not pay a dime over sticker...
What's the shipping charge out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go to any AutoNation store, their Corporate policy does not allow them to charge over sticker. They just sold one of the blue collector editions for sticker

·
Registered
58 Posts
Come to Northern California. I got mine for MSRP.... There are stores who won't charge you $5,$10 or $20 over. That is terrible and a good indicator that store has other issues. I'm a auto finance banker in the biz 27 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was able to place an order at MSRP through a USAA referral at George Chevrolet in Lakewood. Betty Murillo is my point of contact. I started at #6 on the list on 9/21, and am now at #3 waiting for an allocation. If you are patient, that may be an option. Also worth noting that GM shows 40 cars at LA dealerships as of last week.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Find a dealer who agrees to service your car if you buy out of state/city
Go get a car at MSRP or below at one of the forum dealers that has allocation NOW
Call penfed.com and take the check with you
Drive/ship it home and go have fun.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Selman Chevrolet in Anaheim. Delillo Chevrolet in Huntington (who I'm using). Or penske Chevrolet of Cerritos. Will most likely have one or two in the showroom so you won't get exactly what you want but you could use that as leverage to try and get 1,000 off. Or at least sticker price. And they may or may not be able to order one for you. But I believe it's a little late in the game to do that

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mgorski,

Were you able to get MSRP at Delillo? I queried about the blue 1LT they have in stock and was told it was $5k over.

Penske Cerritos lists all of theirs at $10k over.

No knowledge about Selman.

Thanks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
They have allocations but the salesmen told me they're charging 20k over sticker! I said I'm not giving a dime over. I didn't ask about it but the manager essentially said they don't care about the effect this has on their reputation because "this is the hottest car Chevy has ever had". Whatever, we'll see where that goes.
Sounds like you don't believe "this is the hottest car Chevy has ever had". You may not like dealer attitude with this car. I certainly don't. That said, for the time being... you and I aren't in the driver seat...so to speak. Certainly, there dealers who are selling at list, given the allocation. Any cars that aren't delivered, however, are being placed on the floor at a premium. I hate the practice as much as you do. But they're selling. So... if you can order from dealer with allocation at MSRP, AND you want the car now rather than later, buy it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Eric,
lol sorry no i did not, im at 5k over with them, but i was saying that he may be able to get sticker price if he "settles" with the showroom model since its not what he wanted, even though it would sell anyway. it would be worth trying

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the response. Sorry you had to pay ADM.

Note for the original poster - according to corvette.com, the GM website, there were 54 cars available in the Los Angeles area as of last night. Happy hunting, and be sure to share your stories here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts