Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have searched and read other posts here about same. Although many are going aftermarket route I think I'll stay with GM AC/Delco products but....
May I ask ???

Transmission fluid: GM 88861800 AC/DELCO 75W-90....is this correct?
Differential fluid: GM 88862624 AC/DELCO 75W-90....is this correct?

Refill amounts for each? I understand refill is until the fluid starts to drain out the refill hole but I would like to know how much fluid to buy.

And in one of the posts I read (by Mobius) noted aftermarket magnetic drain plugs from Custom Corvette Accessories. Upon checking their website all I find are OIL drain plugs. Are these one and the same?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,568 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the links of prior posts.
I bought the AC/Delco oil/fluid for both Trans and Diff.

Some mentioned getting a stronger magnetic plug but the only ones I see offered (from Custom Corvettes) seem to be too long inside the component. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2019 GrandSport
49 Posts
Ok so I have searched and read other posts here about same. Although many are going aftermarket route I think I'll stay with GM AC/Delco products but....
May I ask ???

Transmission fluid: GM 88861800 AC/DELCO 75W-90....is this correct?
Differential fluid: GM 88862624 AC/DELCO 75W-90....is this correct?

Refill amounts for each? I understand refill is until the fluid starts to drain out the refill hole but I would like to know how much fluid to buy.

And in one of the posts I read (by Mobius) noted aftermarket magnetic drain plugs from Custom Corvette Accessories. Upon checking their website all I find are OIL drain plugs. Are these one and the same?

Thanks for the help.
Just a heads up. I had my manual transmission fluid flushed recently at the dealer. They used part #88862155 which is a GM Dex6 Automatic Transmission Fluid although I have a manual transmission. I asked why and the service rep indicated that this is the replacement fluid GM wants us to use. I went back and checked my records for my previous car which was a 2016 Camaro SS with MT. They also used the same #88862155 when it came to flush the fluid although the manual indicated to us 88861800.

·
Premium Member
2019 GrandSport
49 Posts
Ive heard real good things about the royal purple products, but i doubt the dealer would install this even if the customer provided it. I assume you would need to find a local shop.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I went with the AC/Delco recommended. Interesting about the other GM fluid though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts