Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how I can find out what Day my car is going to be on the line. I would like to visit the plant on the last day its built. I unterstand that when its at 3400 your car is in process. If anyone knows how to find out please let me know. You can PM me.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know how I can find out what Day my car is going to be on the line. I would like to visit the plant on the last day its built. I unterstand that when its at 3400 your car is in process. If anyone knows how to find out please let me know. You can PM me.

Thanks
I don't believe there is anyone outside of the factory that can tell you exactly where the car is on the line. They are building approx 180 cars a day so things move quickly. I had my car go to 3400 on a Monday and Monday night the status showed event code 3800 (Order Produced). Others on this forum had several to many days between the two. If you know someone at the factory in a position to access their system, then you have a chance of getting what you want.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe there is anyone outside of the factory that can tell you exactly where the car is on the line. They are building approx 180 cars a day so things move quickly. I had my car go to 3400 on a Monday and Monday night the status showed event code 3800 (Order Produced). Others on this forum had several to many days between the two. If you know someone at the factory in a position to access their system, then you have a chance of getting what you want.
I miss the days when the plant had people that would help with this info. still hoping.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Are you getting Museum delivery? If you are then you could call Shawn @ the museum, he may have a contact he could call at the plant.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can purchase the buyers tour for Big $$...Otherwise it's a crap shoot..

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You can purchase the buyers tour for Big $$...Otherwise it's a crap shoot..
Not getting Museum or doing the Buyers Tour.. To Much Money for what you get. I know the Museum goes for a good cause but to me the Buyers Tour is one BIG money grab. We are buying a $75K + car why do they need $800+ just to take us on a $7 tour.

I would have liked to do the Picture Book.

In the past there was people in the plant that would help track down your order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts