Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the gap between the left rear fascia and the fender seems to have gotten wider.
Can anyone advise how best to close it up a bit, possibly remove the inner fender liner and expose the fasteners?

Compare photos, right fascia / fender gap is good, left is wide.

Right side: right facia gap.jpg

Left side: left facia gap.jpg

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
Yeah, I did this back when I changed my taillights. If you search for my thread written back in 2016, you can see how to do it. My thread also links other threads which I used to gain information before I began. On second thought, maybe I didn't start a new thread, bt just appended more information onto an existing thread on that subject (changing taillights). Anyway, search and you should find...

You will need six (if I recall correctly) of the little orange clips which you can buy from a Chevy parts department. I think they were something like $3 each. When those little guys stretch, the rear end's gaps get wider.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,172 Posts
Have you ever taken your rear fascia off for any reason? I ask because if you did, perhaps some of the fasteners weren't fully snapped back into place.

Also, I believe there is a bolt that needs to come out to drop the fascia and its tucked in on the left side and I could see how someone could forget to bolt it back on and the fasteners over time could break away because of the bumps and spirited driving.

If you have not removed your rear fascia / bumper cover, you could have a bad fastener that came lose that would require dropping the rear to determine the cause.

Go to the bottom of this thread page and you will find a thread on rear quarter gap this topic.

https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/general-discussion/79974-rear-quarter-gap.html

threadd.JPG

I noticed that the gap between the left rear fascia and the fender seems to have gotten wider.
Can anyone advise how best to close it up a bit, possibly remove the inner fender liner and expose the fasteners?

Compare photos, right fascia / fender gap is good, left is wide.

Right side: View attachment 268816

Left side: View attachment 268818

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kgrant, I've never had the bumper off, I'll try the upper screws idea in the thread posted, that looks like the easy fix.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Not too tight or its possible for the paint to crack/wear with normal panel movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts