Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Nevada C7 owners (current and future)

5K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  loveslittleredcars 
#1 ·
Ok, to follow what might be a developing trend here, I'll jump in with a Nevada C7 owners sub thread. We are a very strong car enthusiast state, for example, our Las Vegas Cars and Coffee meets every Saturday and typically has anywhere from 250 to 450 cars show up representing all makes and ages. We have several active Corvette Clubs. I will (hopefully) shortly be picking up RedHot, my C7 from the Museum and driving it back to Vegas.

Who else in Nevada has one on order?:cool:

#3 ·
Looking forward to seeing it vegasbar10der! While for no apparent reason we don't have sign ups here, we do have a number show up each Saturday at Cars and Coffee. :cool:

#4 ·
I already have mine-look forward to seeing yours!

#5 ·
My gf recently put in an order for a 2015 Stingray, Z51/3LT. Are C7 owners still meeting up at cars and coffee in Vegas? We might like to stop by and check your cars out if you're still meeting up there. She currently owns a C6.

#6 ·
I'm in Pahrump. I have attended Las Vegas cars and coffee in my 2000 torch red C-5 and my 2014 Shelby GT 500. Just brought my new 3 LT, Z51 torch red Stingray home from Findlay Chevy Friday Jan 2. I'm having a new 6 car garage built and the drive way is a mess so I'll attend in a couple weeks. Would any one be interested in cruising over to Death Valley for lunch after C&C?

#7 ·
It is a possibility but quite the haul after C&C for those of us who don't live in Pahrump :D Let's keep in touch when you plan on coming in the next time.:cool:

#8 ·
JSvette,

Hello. I was in Vegas and Pahrump for the Ron Fellow driving school in November and took the drive from Vegas to Death Valley and back to Pahrump and was impressed with the lonely highways having never been past Vegas before. Do you guys have a Vette club? Also, I watched Top Gear when they did a story on the loneliest highway in America, I think it was Highway 50. I was thinking about coming to Hot August nights in Reno and would like to meet other Vette owners. I have a 14 Z51 Torch Red/Kalahari and would enjoy some fast scenic drives. Any help would be appreciated. I will return the favor if any readers would like to drive our high winding mountain passes.

Thanks,

Bill

#10 ·
Bill, sorry for the much delayed response. Somehow I missed your post. There are some great drives around Reno but I will defer to some of our members who live closer to Reno than I do to make suggestions. It has been several years since I drove up there from Vegas. We have at least 3 Corvette clubs here in Vegas, and a lot of members show up the first Saturday of the month at Cars and Coffee Las Vegas (which meets every Saturday- see my posts re Corvettes at it elsewhere). The run out to Death Valley using Old Spanish Trial up through the twisties of the mountains is a great drive here that you might have done when you went out to Death Valley. :cool:

#9 ·
I'll add my name to the bunch.

Looking at picking up a Laguna Blue 2LT Z51 the first week of July. If I'm unlucky I'm waiting on a 2016 model. But either way you'll see me out at C&C with the little one

Yay! I was able to bring up a dead thread and not feel like an ass for doing so lmao

#11 ·
Welcome to the Nevada thread Tyler! Best of luck on getting your LB Z51- are you doing that locally or through one of our forum dealers?

#13 ·
Wish you success Tyler! Looking forward to seeing it around town. :cool:

#16 ·
Congrats! Looking forward to it :cool:

#17 ·
Woohoo I take delivery sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening!

Anyone wanting to do a cruise out to Zion + another 150 miles of something?? I can't wait to break her in :cool:

If not I'll more than likely see some of you at C&C this weekend

#18 ·
Tyler that is fantastic! :) See you at C&C.

#19 ·
I pick up a slightly used 2015 z51 3LT on 30 July in Cali. Will drive it home to Sumerlin on the 30th. I look forward to C&C on the weekends. I have been out of the country for a few years. How's the drive from LA to Vegas? Any new delays? Is 15 still the best route?

#20 ·
Welcome back sf15! Congrats on your Z51. Yes 15 is basically the only way back and by doing it on that Thursday you should not have any real issues. Traffic on Fridays has the influx of 'Californians' coming to Vegas and that can add considerable time. Keep in mind that there are typically lots of police on that route right up to the CA/NV boarder. Also a lot of police on 215 when you head up to Summerlin. Look forward to seeing you at C&C. Here are some shots from Vegas C&C- it is still going very strong, for example http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/around-garage/10750-las-vegas-cars-coffee-4-april-2015-a.html#post141957 and Post #37 http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/around-garage/5534-offical-car-s-coffee-thread.html. :cool:

#24 ·
Congrats ChiefP and look forward to seeing you at C&C. I used Green Valley Graphics & Tint to do RedHot and a few of my other cars (along with windows in my house). They do an excellent job. PM me if you need/want any specifics. :cool:

#25 ·
Come on over and join us Saturdays at Las Vegas Cars & Coffee beginning at 7 a.m. at this time of year and tends to start breaking up around 9:30-10. It is held at 9500 S Eastern Ave in the Sansone Park Place shopping center which is south of 215 on Eastern Ave. You would get to it by taking 215 to Eastern and go south (away from Vegas) for about 5 minutes. It will be on your left side coming from 215 on Eastern. You will see TBird's lounge large sign on your right just before a traffic light that you turn left off of Eastern into the Sansone shopping center (which has a Twin Peaks right there in the center where we park). You can usually find me (or at least RedHot :D) parked with the Corvettes on the Twin Peaks side of the shopping center. If I am not around the Vettes I will be walking around taking pictures and looking at the great variety of cars. Stop by and say hello! Hope to see you there :cool: Here is a sampling of what you will find: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/around-garage/12796-official-las-vegas-cars-coffee-thread.html

Reactions: Area 473
#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.