Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Obviously TireRack isn't a supporting vendor but in the world we all live in I believe everyone here has either purchased from them or knows about them.

So, since they have a new private label wheel fitment for 19/20 that works with the Stingray at $836 + shipping I figured everyone would like to know, especially with winter coming along.

I won't put up a direct link, you all know how to get there and search, but I will post a picture of the wheel.

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 1.01.25 PM.png

Disclaimer; I have never been a proponent of Chinese no name import wheels and would never recommend these be fitted if you plan on extreme / track driving but as winter wheels with a set of winter / AS tires I think these make a good option.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The only question is cast or at least semi forged, after running around the northeast the past two weeks and hitting some HORRENDOUS potholes, I'd really think twice about a pure cast wheel...

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only question is cast or at least semi forged, after running around the northeast the past two weeks and hitting some HORRENDOUS potholes, I'd really think twice about a pure cast wheel...
At that price and based on the look I'm 99% sure these are basic cast wheels. If they had them in 18/19 so you could run taller winter tires it would be much better IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
Disclaimer; I have never been a proponent of Chinese no name import wheels and would never recommend these be fitted if you plan on extreme / track driving but as winter wheels with a set of winter / AS tires I think these make a good option.
Do you know if the OEM C7 wheels are from China?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you know if the OEM C7 wheels are from China?
Yes, they are. Just being from China no longer means poor quality / engineering. WHO in China is the crucial question. GM engineered the wheels and QC's the product, I have no concern with GM OEM wheels. It's the aftermarket that scares me.

Given those concerns, being marketed by Tirerack helps, buying some of the Z51 knock offs on eBay ain't gonna happen, for me at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts