Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM has listened, and will be offering new wheels for the StingRay, both for the regular and for the Z-51 models. Black wheels and better wheels for the regular models, and even additional optional ones for all models. Just one example, the outer-rim yellow stripe option on the Z-51. Not shown below is the also-available same rim stripe in red.

The following StingRay wheels are in addition to the standard, silver painted wheels for 2014 StingRays:

While not "new" news, here's a summary picture of all four Z06 wheels. There are, as of yet, no optional wheel designs for the Z06 -- though we could well see a wheel option for the Z starting in 2016.

Note:As with all other 2015 models and options, no pricing yet on 2015 wheels, with most expecting pricing on StingRays and all their options to be announced in early June.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Noticed the Z06 wheels and the Z51 and Non-Z51 wheels are all different. Absolutely love the Z06 wheels and I do believe I've made my decision, but I'd like to get your take on them John, at least before I pull out my stone tablet..... Hope you had a chance to see all of them up close and personal....

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
John, I see the new wheels which will offered as you posted above. My question is if any of the 2014 wheels are going away, or if all of those are still options. If any of the 2014 wheels are going away for 2015, exactly which wheels are those which are going away? Thank you!

·
Registered
136 Posts
John thank you for these images it allows us to get an idea.
My question: is the model 6 J Gray wheels are identical in texture and color of trapes ventilation or identical metallic gray style.

On other thread we call spectra gray:cool:

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Some great options for 2015!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are great questions asked in the posts above, but unfortunately they did not bring any of the new wheels to the Bash except those on the actual Z06's present and the striped wheels on the Pacific car, so I cannot answer any questions as to texture differences, nor whether or not they're going to cancel some of the 2014 wheels, except I am almost positive that the base car's machined wheels will not be returning. We just going to have to wait up to six weeks more to get more definitive answers -- unless GM releases more info in the interim.

·
Registered
219 Posts
John thank you for these images it allows us to get an idea.
My question: is the model 6 J Gray wheels are identical in texture and color of trapes ventilation or identical metallic gray style.

On other tread we call spectra gray:cool:
I have seen 3/4 of the wheel options and they all look identical besides color...again they look identical but I don't guarantee they are the same!

Reactions: Gilles

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is that the Daytona Sunrise Orange color in those PowerPoint slides? Or is my screen not showing red correctly?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Is that the Daytona Sunrise Orange color in those PowerPoint slides? Or is my screen not showing red correctly?
No, that's the color balance on Johns camera due to the fluorescent lights in the meeting room. The color is actually bright red.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks MJW, makes sense they'd use red, but I'll bet that washed out red is not far off from the new orange though!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a single GM picture of Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic yet. (Pictures shown in PowerPoint are of a red car, messed up by horrible lighting in the presentation room, poor cell phone camera, etc.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts