Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, I just purchased a new Watkins Glen Grey collectors edition GS, and would really like to color match my calipers. I'd prefer the covers over taking my calipers off and shipping them off someplace to be powder coated.

Any ideas? I've checked the usual suspects: WestCoastCorvettes, CorvetteMods, etc.

Land vehicle Vehicle Sports car Car Hood

·
18,670 Posts
Welcome to Stingrayforums Goldcupshooter! There is a third option, without the cost of buying covers, without the hassle of bleeding if calipers are removed, and that is painting in place with your exact color, e.g., exactly matching your Watkins Glen Gray Metallic gorgeous color,. However, I do not think their is a paint code for Tension Blue, so it could be interesting find a paint code that comes real close.

G2 Brake Caliper Paint Systems: G2 Custom Color Match Brake Caliper Paint

Nice thing about G2's paint is that even if you are not a painter (me), you can easily get outstandingly results. I did this on both our 2017 daily drivers within the last year, and the results are beautiful. The paint is self-leveling. If you choose this route, critical that you follow their directions exactly, especially applying it within the temperatures they list for its application.

As far as vendors should you want caliper covers, search for a thread in which more than a few SRF members had "issues" the CorvetteMods (and not coincidentally, they are no longer a SRF supporting vendor as of a month ago); conversely, I and many, have had outstanding experiences with West Coast Corvettes. If you want to go that route, suggest you call Jon Rodriguez, mention that you are an SRF member, and if you are a veteran or in current service, let him know that also for a nice discount.

Jon is at: (714) 678-2783 (ext. 203). Jon is fun to work with; outstanding customer service person -- and a car lover!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
And me 5 mins from the Blue Ridge Parkway ;)

Terrible thing to happen to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge last year... hope they are recovering.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Goldcupshooter, welcome aboard to SRF and congrats on your C7 Masterpiece GS. John (elegant) suggested an excellent idea without removing your calipers and it would look better than a caliper cover. Good luck with your quest.

SF
Rick

·
Administrator
16,914 Posts
Welcome to our forum Goldcupshooter! Great looking GS :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm dropping my car off at a body shop tomorrow and they are going to paint a spare hood vent in a color incredibly close to TEnsion Blue, once I confirm it's a match, I hope to get the paint code from the custom shop and be able to get the G2 kit for the car. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That car looks great. I pray you get the right color matched and then can't wait to see the results.

·
18,670 Posts
Got her back from paint. Looks fantastic. Now the car's getting it's windows tinted while I'm in Amsterdam for work. View attachment 191921 View attachment 191929
Congratulations! Good luck on your getting the Tension Blue code. I had G2 mix me a batch of my tri-coat Soul Red Metallic for our Mazda 3 GT, and it came out perfectly. Its calipers look terrific/look factory!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Goldcupshooter, the hood vent looks excellent matching the GS hash marks!

SF
Rick

Reactions: Norm

·
Administrator
16,914 Posts
Welcome to our forum Weanman! :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get it. They used three seperate paint samples to come up with a custom match. That said, the website I posted earlier in the thread did show a tension blue paint code. I elected not to do my brake calipers. I was afraid I’d overdo the blue thing. Good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts