3,095 Posts
Here's something I did back in 2014...

C7 Colors.jpg

·
Registered
372 Posts
That's what I'm going with.

Castillian Bronze Metallic.
My favorite color.... in 1970. Had a Firebird 400 in that color... I always referred to it as 'metallic rootbeer'.
img014red.jpg
img015red.jpg

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Where did Rick go? Bronze?

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Where did Rick go? Bronze?
Maybe he is hiding. He said he would confirm it if someone guessed correctly, but he didn't say when that confirmation would come. LOL. My guess is that someone has correctly guessed the color in this thread, and now he is just hiding out, trying to milk time until the Bash.

·
Registered
80 Posts
During the Long Beach race coverage the showed what looked to be a brown corvette.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Here is my updated guess.

As a hint, Rick asked if we were hungry. Dark Chocolate can be consumed when hungry.

Rick said the color's name has a "e" and an "b" in it. "Bronze" has both. Also, it makes sense that he would pick the first and last letters in the name, and then switch the order in which he wrote them to be sneaky.

Apparently in model year 2015 GM started using a paint with code WA406Y (RPO Code G1F) which was called "Dark Chocolate" on two Buicks. In the same year it was also introduced on multiple Cadillacs with the name "Cocoa Bronze". It was used again in this model year (2016) as well. See this link for more information: Color Codes - WA406Y Cross-Reference. That satisfies both of Rick's hints mentioned above, as well as satisfying all of the other hints he gave as well (see this entire thread to see his other hints and information).

My updated guess is that this is one of the new colors for the 2017 Corvette, and that they will have some special design package with this and the Brownstone interior. I think it will look fabulous for those who want a refined look, and that when my wife sees it she will want to put whipped cream and fruit on it and eat it. LOL.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
41 - 58 of 58 Posts