Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Courtesy of GM Authority BY JONATHAN LOPEZ— APR 23, 2021

New 2022 Corvette Paint Colors Officially Revealed

The upcoming 2022 Chevrolet Corvette C8 is set to introduce a few minor changes and updates for the latest eighth-generation vehicle, including three fresh exterior paint colors. Now, the new 2022 Corvette colors have been officially unveiled.

At the National Corvette Museum’s recent 2021 Bash event, representatives from the Bowling Green Assembly plant announced three new exterior paint colors for the 2022 Corvette. These include:

Hypersonic Gray Metallic (RPO code GA7)

Amplify Orange Tintcoat (RPO code G48)

Caffeine Metallic (RPO code GC5)

“Corvette continues to have strong demand,” said Car, Performance and Motorsports Communications for Chevrolet, Trevor Thompkins, during the recent National Corvette Museum event. “Most of the vehicles we’ve built have been sold orders personalized by their owners, so fresh colors help Corvette buyers showcase their individuality on road.”

It’s believed that the three new hues will replace Sebring Orange, Shadow Gray, and Zeus Bronze on the 2022 Corvette colors list, as GM Authority covered previously. Confirmation of the three new colors coincides with earlier reports that Hypersonic Gray Metallic, Amplify Orange Tintcoat, and Caffeine Metallic would be part of the 2022 Corvette color lineup.

In addition to the new exterior colors, the 2022 Corvette is also set to offer one or two new interior color combinations, as well as introduce a few minor changes to the features and equipment list.

What’s more, the 2022 model year is expected to introduce two new high-performance model variants, namely the Corvette C8 E-Ray and the Corvette C8 Z06, the former of which is expected to feature a plug-in hybrid powerplant with all-wheel drive traction, while the latter will feature a naturally aspirated 5.5L V8 DOHC engine with a flat-plane crank, new body components, and sharper suspension.

Meanwhile, the “standard” 2022 Chevrolet Corvette C8 will continue to feature the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 LT2 gasoline engine, which produces 495 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque when equipped with the factory performance exhaust system.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
The touch up paint source I used has Hypersonic Gray Metallic - RPO: GA7, color ID: WA623G, Amplify Orange Tintcoat - RPO GC5, color ID WA625G, and Caffeine Metallic - RPO G48, color ID WA613G.

I think the author above swapped the RPO codes for Amplify Orange Tintcoat and Caffeine Metallic. Well, either he switched them, or the touch up paint site switched them, which I doubt, because that would cost them a lot of money sending out wrong orders and having to later fix it. They are financially incentivized to make sure they have it correct.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
This video shows the colors. Clicking in the "SHOW MORE" section below the video gives the RPO codes, which agree with the touch up paint site. I think the author at GM Authority swapped them by mistake.

·
Administrator
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks CAB6! Appreciate your eyes on the spot for SRF (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think GM made some good choices. All that’s missing now is a bright green. I like the Caffeine Metallic. In pictures at least, it looks like a much darker Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic which was a nice color. (says the guy who chose gray 😂)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice, but they are still missing a nice medium or dark green such "forest green" or 'British racing green"

Just my $0.02, but to each his/her own. My C8 HTC, still at status 3000 for the last 77 days 😰 will be born in Torch Red.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts