Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us here have seen lots of reviews of the C-7 over the last several months, but I found this one to make some thought provoking comments. I've watched a good many of these reviews, but still found this one interesting to watch. Enjoy! :cool:

·
18,670 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed that review. Two admitted Porsche lovers (the reviewers), thoroughly commend the StingRay and other than Porsche's prestige, and perhaps a few Porsche "slight refinements," resulting in a car that they acknowledge cost $40K more to purchase, keep coming back to the StingRay's qualities, concluding that they "want this Corvette," and/or "lust after it." Wow! They didn't even acknowledge the greatly superior StingRay performance attributes, and yet they still concluded how great the StingRay is!

Thanks Chip for finding/posting!

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Fun review- As an exPorsche owner I especially appreciated their comments and comparisons and end comment of wanting one. Particularly like the line "Didn't think GM could build a precision instrument and in this car they have." Thanks for posting Chip. :cool:

Reactions: SCR2014Vette

·
Registered
366 Posts
Best Everyman review I've seen of the Stingray.

Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
273 Posts
Many of us here have seen lots of reviews of the C-7 over the last several months, but I found this one to make some thought provoking comments. I've watched a good many of these reviews, but still found this one interesting to watch. Enjoy! :cool:

This nails it for me- I never considered myself a Corvette guy until the C7. First domestic auto for me in 20+ years. And their comments on rounded tail lights couldn't be more accurate- would have ruined looks in my opinion. Traditions be damned.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the comments that got my attention (as a S2000 owner) was their comment about the C-7 having a tighter steering ratio than a S2K. That's pretty impressive if true.

·
Registered
195 Posts
One of the comments that got my attention (as a S2000 owner) was their comment about the C-7 having a tighter steering ratio than a S2K. That's pretty impressive if true.
Hi Chip-traded in my 2006 S2K for my C7..no way that comment is true..I kinda miss my little beastlet.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391913978.530007.jpg

Reactions: Chip

·
18,670 Posts
The steering ratio in the StingRay is adjustable, between 12.2 (track setting) to 16.8 (touring setting). Perhaps the tester had it set to 12.2 when he/she tested it, i.e., the StingRay could have a tighter steering ratio than the the S2K under certain DMS settings, not as tight a steering ratio under other settings.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nice... I want to go for a drive after watching that! ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
No-that's why I bought the C7!

·
Registered
64 Posts
They commented that the steering felt light. Wonder where it was set in the vehicle settings as you can keep it light or have it track to the different drive modes where sport and track make it heavier. I leave it heavy in all drive modes because I prefer it that way. Also leave exhaust open in all drive modes as it is too quiet otherwise in tour mode.

14 C7 Red 3LT Magnetic Ride Control Z51 Clear Roof Black Rims Red Brake Calipers Dual Sport Exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts