Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Thx John - she is coming along nicely. Come good weather I'll get some good photos! Hope to get the Xpipe and Z51 Sway bars on in the next couple weeks after some brief travel to midwest
You will love how flat your Stingray corners with the Z51 sway bars, with absolutely no difference in ride comfort. BTW, I love my Blade Silver Stingray but I think I would have picked LBR had it been available in 2015. :torn:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Car looks awesome! I am thinking of getting the same front splitter, but concerned about scraping on the driveways where I live. Do you know the clearance of the bottom of the splitter to the ground? Thanks!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very nice mods. Your car looks great!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It is a tiny bit lower i would have to measure. I lowered the car all the way down on the stock bolts and the only thing that scrapes is the air deflector underneath. I have a pretty steep driveway so I go really sloooow!

Reactions: daleong

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Henry - I am looking forward to the handling upgrade with the sway bars. The car is great now, but the rear end has a lot of roll in corners that bugs me. I have read the rear is really planted afterwards and neutral with no understeer. So I'll post a follow-up after install. That and the Xpipe for more robust sound and I am good for a while. Next I may do some of the cosmetic engine bay stuff. It seems I can only find RPI stuff which is ridiculously expensive and they are incredibly slow in delivering the product. Why cant all Corvette vendors be more like Amazon!

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just a quick updated photo as hopefully spring really is here. Mother nature didn't get the word yet here in the Mid Atlantic but I think we are almost there.... Finished my winter mods. Looking into some underhood bling next. IMG_1673.JPG

·
Registered
181 Posts
You thinking of adding a Z51 spoiler?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
John Thanks! I really love this car and am happy with the mods so far! Still planning the next stages of her evolution...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Trent - I am thinking about adding a spoiler, just haven't decided which one yet. So far my mods are pretty subtle and I do like the naked rear lines of the car without one. I just cant help thinking a spoiler may really pull it all together. I need to see a few styles in person as pictures on the internet dont really give me enough to pull the trigger. Heck I agonized over the splitter and skirts because I never saw them in person. I think they turned out great, but putting a few rivets under the side of the car is one thing, when I start drilling my rear deck that is another story! Fortunately here in MD the weather is hopefully warming and I can get out to some events and check out some other Vettes. I'll probably wait until I get back from Spring Mountain end of May and then start looking in earnest. Thx

BTW - your car is sweet! Your build thread among others gave me a lot of inspiration to start my mods!

Reactions: Trent88 and elegant

·
Registered
631 Posts
It looks fantastic, and I really love the Z06 style wheels. What's the source of those? Beautiful project!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
German - Thanks

The wheels are Z06 Repro's in Black Chrome with Carbon center caps. I got the wheel , tire and TPMs, mounted and balanced package to my door from a vendor 1stratecorvetteparts I saw on the other forum . They were great to deal with and if you also belong to the other forum they are a sponsoring vendor. I have to admit I got a lot of advice to not buy Repro wheels - too heavy, wont balance, etc. I decided to give it a try anyway as I wanted that look and didn't want to break the bank. I couldn't be happier. Shipped ready to go, I unboxed them and mounted to the car and sensors calibrated themselves in my driveway and the balance is perfect. Would I track the car with them - No. I still have my OEM set I could use or most likely would get a dedicated track setup for the car. Since mine is a 2017 it came with 18/19's the new ones are 19/20's.

Reactions: German

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Fireeagle - Nice Vette color! Carbon Flash will accent the rear of your car nicely. I like the look just haven't made the final decision yet. I'll get Carbon flash as well when i finally decide. Are you pulling it off and having it painted or a dealer? My plan has been all along to do all my own mods. I was a wrench in the Army back in the early 70's, (MOS 62B/63B) but have never done much "body" work. I have watched a lot of videos on pulling the rear off to drill and mount the spoiler but not quite ready to take that step yet. I am hoping I'll see some getting installed at Corvettes at Carlisle in August but probably won't wait that long to do it!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Fireeagle - Nice Vette color! Carbon Flash will accent the rear of your car nicely. I like the look just haven't made the final decision yet. I'll get Carbon flash as well when i finally decide. Are you pulling it off and having it painted or a dealer? My plan has been all along to do all my own mods. I was a wrench in the Army back in the early 70's, (MOS 62B/63B) but have never done much "body" work. I have watched a lot of videos on pulling the rear off to drill and mount the spoiler but not quite ready to take that step yet. I am hoping I'll see some getting installed at Corvettes at Carlisle in August but probably won't wait that long to do it!
Digitalspeed, I'm getting a 3M wrap for the rear spoiler. Much less work and reversible. Also doing the mirrors in the same color and getting a custom stinger stripe. I'm much better at gaining access with the JAWS than taking on this job. Better left to the experts. I've done some body work on previous vehicles like installing a spoiler on my old Javelin, but the C7 is not a Javelin :).

Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice work, Digitalspeed! Love the mods and really appreciate the pics. I too am going with the Z06 (replica) wheels, but in black; installed tomorrow. Yay!

Not to side track your thread, but I am curious about Fireeagle’s carbon wrapped spoiler and mirrors project. Frankly, I’d like to do the same to mine...including the top. However, I’m in the Dallas area and have no idea who does this sort of thing....

Thanks again for your post. Hope Spring will finally fight off the Winter for you and the rest of our SRF brothers and sisters so ya’ll can get out there and stay out there. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hope everyone has been out enjoying their magnificent Vettes! I know I have since the rain stopped - I live in Frederick MD and it has been ridiculously with the rain the past week or so. Finally sun and a couple new mods! Pardon the iPhone pic quality - Enjoy! I am off to Spring Mountain next week - Cant wait!

Before - familiar look
IMG_1801.jpg

After - RPI custom
IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

#4 Last one
IMG_1825.jpg

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Digitalspeed, outstanding custom improvement for your C7 Masterpiece engine and engine bay area

SF
Rick

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Looks great

21 - 40 of 53 Posts