Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have waited for it and it will now be available. We are updating the site right now but if you have an idea for how you want it now is the time to start working on it. This will also be a new system that will be unbelievably easy to install too!

(THEDOUBLEAA.com)

* NO DRILLING!!!
* No wires to hook up, this comes with a 12V rechargeable power system so no wires to tap just set in place and go!
* LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!
* Works with the top up or down, no taking in or out.

cost is:
369 clear
429 engraved
469 with engraving and lighting

FREE CUSTOM GRAPHICS for 6 weeks.

·
Administrator
15,666 Posts
Very nice and creative solution Andrew!:cool:

·
18,667 Posts
GM promised us a functional one of these a year ago, but failed. You have created a beautiful and functional option where they did not. Great job!!!

Three questions please, as we all learn more.

1) The bottom center brace that is black in your pictures, can that brace be painted by you to color match other exterior colors?
2) What would that cost extra?
3) What is the clear material made of?
4) Are they other engravable pattern options, or is this customer provided?

Thank you and very, very nice!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GM promised us a functional one of these a year ago, but failed. You have created a beautiful and functional option where they did not. Great job!!!

Three questions please, as we all learn more.

1) The bottom center brace that is black in your pictures, can that brace be painted by you to color match other exterior colors?
2) What would that cost extra?
3) What is the clear material made of?
4) Are they other engravable pattern options, or is this customer provided?

Thank you and very, very nice!
1. That is where the light bar is and if you wanted to change the color you could paint it.
2. We don't have the equipment for that.
3. Plexy / lexan
4. We have some stock options but really these are completely customizable so you can put whatever you want on them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mounting instructions please.
Mounting instructions: The carbon flash pieces on the back of the deck lid need to be cleaned with alcohol and then do a dry fit of the brackets to it. Once done remove 3m cover tape and stick to deck lid. If you have order etched / illuminated then you'll need to plug in power supply and mount under deck lid.

I installed mine on Friday in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Love it. How well does it work? Have you been on highway say 90 mph. Happy with it on highway. I WANT ONE!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Love it. How well does it work? Have you been on highway say 90 mph. Happy with it on highway. I WANT ONE!
I haven't had much travelling with it as in Houston the day time temps are heat indexed over 100 and doesn't cool down a whole bunch at night so mostly top up time. I know in the c6 it made a heckk of a difference.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yes, curious about difference. I noted putting side windows up does not help, makes it worse I think. Looks dumb too.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Yes, curious about difference. I noted putting side windows up does not help, makes it worse I think. Looks dumb too.
Differing opinions on both counts. At top-down speeds above 70mph having the windows up reduces cabin turbulence, IMO. Also, top-down and windows up is a very sexy look for the convertible, especially from behind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts