Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in 2011 vette and just took delivery of new cyber grey 2LT coupe with nav, NPP, chrome wheels. Car is now in shop. After taking car home I was putting in Weather Techs and noticed about a 4 inch like slit in the passenger side carpeting where the floor meets the firewall.

Also does anyone know how trans is supposed to shift when in S mode. Acts okay during normal driving but under heavy acceleration seems to stay in what ever gear the car is in when I let up on the accelerator and wont upshift unless I use the paddles.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Traded in 2011 vette and just took delivery of new cyber grey 2LT coupe with nav, NPP, chrome wheels. Car is now in shop. After taking car home I was putting in Weather Techs and noticed about a 4 inch like slit in the passenger side carpeting where the floor meets the firewall.

Also does anyone know how trans is supposed to shift when in S mode. Acts okay during normal driving but under heavy acceleration seems to stay in what ever gear the car is in when I let up on the accelerator and wont upshift unless I use the paddles.
That is called Performance Algorithm LiftFoot (PAL). The idea is that you don't want your transmission to upshift in the middle of a curve in a windy canyon road. If it upshifts when you remove your foot from the gas entering the curve, then, when you get on the gas again while exiting the curve, the transmission will have a little delay before shifting back down to obtain a higher part of the torque curve and launching back up in speed.

So, in Sport mode, when PAL engages, the transmission will hold a lower gear about 10 (or so) seconds after you lift your foot, anticipating that you are going to get all over it again soon. If you don't, after a while (approximately 10 seconds), PAL will automatically exit and the transmission will upshift.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Welcome to our forum brmoore! Congrats on your CG Stingray. Enjoy. By the by, presuming yours is brand new you might want to review the recommended break-in guidelines at least until you have 500 miles on it. :cool:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
brmoore, welcome aboard and congrats on your C7 masterpiece! Does the dealer have any idea why the slit was there? What Jeff posted is the factory break-in period, tach is set at 4500rpm until you reach 501 miles, and then all "hell" breaks loose. It is a street legal jet!! Have fun and enjoy.

SF
Rick

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation that even the dealer could not answer. It would be good if there was a more detailed explanation in the manual other than the chart. The passenger side carpeting was replaced by the dealer and all is now well.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation that even the dealer could not answer. It would be good if there was a more detailed explanation in the manual other than the chart. The passenger side carpeting was replaced by the dealer and all is now well.
I agree. The owner's manuals for most cars leave so much to be desired. I think a lot of cut-and-paste goes on from year to year without a lot of thought going into everything which should get updated. Of course, they do make some updates, but I feel as if they don't make as many updates as they should.

I am glad your carpet has been fixed, and that all is now well for you. Have a blast!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just joined today, got my C7 the middle of January and its fantastic. Look forward to hearing about other driving experiences. This is my 4th vette, 1 c5, 2 c6's and now this c7. Saved the best for last.
Just turned 1000 miles on her and all is great. Blade Silver, 2lt, nav, z51 spoiler, auto, perf. exhaust, carbon fiber int. pkg., sill plates, prem. mats and cargo mat., battery protection pkg. Really am impressed with econo mode on a trip getting great gas mileage.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Welcome to our forum ocool! Glad to hear that you are really enjoying your Blade Silver Vette:cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
That is called Performance Algorithm LiftFoot (PAL). The idea is that you don't want your transmission to upshift in the middle of a curve in a windy canyon road. If it upshifts when you remove your foot from the gas entering the curve, then, when you get on the gas again while exiting the curve, the transmission will have a little delay before shifting back down to obtain a higher part of the torque curve and launching back up in speed.

So, in Sport mode, when PAL engages, the transmission will hold a lower gear about 10 (or so) seconds after you lift your foot, anticipating that you are going to get all over it again soon. If you don't, after a while (approximately 10 seconds), PAL will automatically exit and the transmission will upshift.
Does that mean that PAL is only in sport mode, and will shift up in the other modes?

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Does that mean that PAL is only in sport mode, and will shift up in the other modes?
I'm sorry; I don't know in which modes it does, or does not, operate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts