Stingray Corvette Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 C8 2LT Corvette, Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic, Black Interior, Z51 Package, Front Lift, Engine
29 Posts
You can keep up with the status without pestering your dealer.
By contacting by phone Corvette GM Corvette Concerage at (866) 424-3892 or the Chevrolet website lower right hand corner click on the chat option providing your dealer gave you your order number.
I already knew the built ready to transport status before my dealer called me to let me know.
Chevrolet put mine on a transport truck I had it in less than 5 days after production to Scottsdale Az.
I called the Concerage or Chevrolet chat about once a week for 3 months until I gots my C8.
They’ll suggest checking every 2-3 weeks, I couldn’t wait, better than bugging your dealer.

·
Administrator
17,297 Posts
Can anyone tell me typically how long it will be from status 3300 to delivery ?
Welcome to our forum. Unfortunately at this point there is no 'typical' time frame because 3300 only means the order has been accepted, but there can be delays related to chip shortages, component shortages, etc., impacting the actual build. If you read back through this thread you will see some recommendations as to ways for tracking/getting updates once your order reaches that point.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I have seen on other sites that it is a 2 year wait to get a vette? I plan on ordering mine next year. I’m ordering a 2023 Bronco next month(MY23) that I have had a reservation for since 7/2020. Dealer told me it may take over a year before I get it.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I have seen on other sites that it is a 2 year wait to get a vette? I plan on ordering mine next year. I’m ordering a 2023 Bronco next month(MY23) that I have had a reservation for since 7/2020. Dealer told me it may take over a year before I get it.
Currently, the big dealers are suggesting a wait of about a year, maybe a bit more or less, from date of deposit to delivery. Depending on supply chain issues, that could get worse or better. And when Bowling Green starts producing Z06s, that might mean fewer Stingrays coming off the line, which could make the wait longer. If you want to actually get your car next year, put down a refundable deposit with a trusted dealer NOW. Contact one of the forum dealers, or one of the three largest (MacMulkin, Ciocca, Criswell) if you don't have another dealer you KNOW can get you an allocation and KNOW will sell to you at MSRP.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Currently, the big dealers are suggesting a wait of about a year, maybe a bit more or less, from date of deposit to delivery. Depending on supply chain issues, that could get worse or better. And when Bowling Green starts producing Z06s, that might mean fewer Stingrays coming off the line, which could make the wait longer. If you want to actually get your car next year, put down a refundable deposit with a trusted dealer NOW. Contact one of the forum dealers, or one of the three largest (MacMulkin, Ciocca, Criswell) if you don't have another dealer you KNOW can get you an allocation and KNOW will sell to you at MSRP.
I have been looking at a dealer in plant city, Florida called stingray corvette, they lay it all out front on how to order and how you can see where you are on the wait list and then how to follow when it goes to production. And a refundable deposit at any time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I’m new here. I was on the waiting list and finally got a call today. They have an allocation and will order my corvette tomorrow. They said it would go into production early Oct and I’ll get it by the end of Nov or early Dec. is that possible? I have to put down $5k deposit tomorrow. The only thing holding me back is that it won’t have the Z51 package due to some sort of shortage??? Everything else is good. Also, they will charge a $5k fee. I’m not crazy about it but I’ve been waiting for so long, I think I’ll just pay it and get the car. Sold my C7 and want a corvette badly 😆

·
Administrator
17,297 Posts
Welcome to our forum Lovinlife2022. Good luck however it sounds a bit fishy to me. First, there are a number of dealers (including our supporting vendor dealers as well as others) who will sell you a C8 at MSRP with no market adjustment or 'fee.' You would most probably have to arrange for a courtesy delivery. Second, based on the very short time frame, it sounds like they are selling you a C8 already ordered that someone has backed out of. There are some active constraints on C8s but those change almost weekly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to our forum Lovinlife2022. Good luck however it sounds a bit fishy to me. First, there are a number of dealers (including our supporting vendor dealers as well as others) who will sell you a C8 at MSRP with no market adjustment or 'fee.' You would most probably have to arrange for a courtesy delivery. Second, based on the very short time frame, it sounds like they are selling you a C8 already ordered that someone has backed out of. There are some active constraints on C8s but those change almost weekly.
Thank you. Yes, I’m on quite a few lists with dealerships that do not charge market adjustment fee. I’ve been on those lists for over a year. My city is not that big so we don’t have a lot of options. This dealership is 3 hrs away (same state). It’s the color and options that I want, except the Z51.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thank you. Yes, I’m on quite a few lists with dealerships that do not charge market adjustment fee. I’ve been on those lists for over a year. My city is not that big so we don’t have a lot of options. This dealership is 3 hrs away (same state). It’s the color and options that I want, except the Z51.
I’d take Jsvette advice and call one of the supporting venders . If I’m not mistaken the one in NH does not charge over list. It’s worth picking up the phone and calling one of them .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts