Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in Downtown Detroit and my office is actually in the General Motors Headquarters complex! On days that I go into the office, I tend to see 10-15 C8's coming and going on any given day so I guess the execs are driving them. As I was leaving heading to an offsite meeting, 3 C8's were traveling together and what jumped out at me once again is the High Wing Design. The Design from my perspective looks like an afterthought add-on without any body integration design thought. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
It looks very similar to the high wing on the 2019 Camaro ZL1. The one I saw was carbon fiber. So it’s consistent family look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
969 Posts
Not a huge fan of the high wing . Although think the car is great over all. Not a box i would check on the option sheet. Perhaps needed if one is planning on tracking the car but not something i am interested in therefore no interest or real appreciation for it's look. Much like the high wing of the Dodge Daytona and Plymouth Super Bird of the 60's didn't care for it then and still don't . Of course today those automobiles bring 6 figures all day long in good condition so check back in 50 or 60 years those high wings may be all the rage .... :rolleyes:

Reactions: bbrun and sleekvt

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well, I;ve got a C8 coming, and with that wing, it would be a pain to put the golf bats in the trunk, so I'm not going there. The Z51 wing is going to be bad enough...lol I actually think the car looks better without a wing at all, but with Z51 you really don't have that option. ( I guess you could have the wing removed and the holes filled and painted...)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Mitsubishi Evo. I don't even like the small wing with the Z51 package but Tadge says they will not make it an option delete because aero tests (and probably therefore emissions tests) were done with it on. Oh well, it will be a while--if at all-- before I can even think about a C8.

Reactions: Fireeagle

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Some people like the big wing, but I always like a more traditional classy look rather than track racer. The Z51 spoiler is just the right size if you want a spoiler. Should a nice ZR1 ever just fall into my lap, I would make sure it had the smaller wing rather than the high wing.

Reactions: warp ten

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hummmm...I think the C8 has got some terrific potential but I like a much more subtle approach....The spoiler on the back of my car fits my style perfectly! View attachment 276664
Nice pic. I really like your rims and they look great with the black.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work in Downtown Detroit and my office is actually in the General Motors Headquarters complex! On days that I go into the office, I tend to see 10-15 C8's coming and going on any given day so I guess the execs are driving them. As I was leaving heading to an offsite meeting, 3 C8's were traveling together and what jumped out at me once again is the High Wing Design. The Design from my perspective looks like an afterthought add-on without any body integration design thought. What are your thoughts?

View attachment 276657 View attachment 276658 View attachment 276659
I don’t like the stripes or the wing. The wing is great if I raced it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts